“Girona's gastronomy scene best kept secret”

Restaurant Can Ribas
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

That place is placed a bit far away from usual touristic gastronomy routes, but it wort the effort to rich there. It's a small familiar restaurant which will gratefully surprise you with quality of its kitchen and exquisite service. Be sure to book in advance, although the walk in are welcomed too.

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

It was the second time we had lunch here. Their food is delicious. I love their lentil soup! The service was very friendly; the waiter even tried to speak a few words Dutch to us.

Reviewed 23 December 2014

I am coming from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. In November I visited Sant Gregori for the second time(first time was in 1997). During my stay I had the privilege to taste fantastic food made in Can Ribas. I am working in hospitality and can recognize good service. This one was very special. The atmosphere in the restaurant is very classy and you can see bussines people eating next to you. The restaurant was full and everything we ordered came in less then 10 minutes. Very professional. I can't speak Catalan but they made me feel like Catalan.

I tried "jamon e pan con tomate"-traditional Catalan ham and bread wih tomato. Delicious.
For main dish you have to try "porc"- pork ribs. This is something special.
And the best of all "gelat"- ice cream, flavor menta with mandarina. Tastes like heaven.

To have meal like this and professional smiling service you have to pay 10-15 euro. Absolutely cheap.

The interior was very modern, classy. If you have some people you want to impress take them here.

If you ever come to Cataluna, Barcelona, Girona or Sant Gregori, go to Can Ribas. FABULUOUS

2  Thank dinofelic
Reviewed 20 September 2014

Just outside Girona we had a late lunch in this wonderful restaurant.
At lunch they have menu del dia, while in the evening it's a à la carte restaurant.

The restaurant is known for his pork feet, but we chose also a fish menu which was very delicious. It's a restaurant popular for locals, the price of the menu at lunch was very moderate, while the food was very classy, we didn't except such a exquisite meal!

Thumbs up for the great catalan cuisine and the warmth hospitality

Reviewed 8 July 2014

very good food, a bit slow, the service i mean, a correct price, the interior not too charming, tomato bread great!