“Gorgeous B&B”

Hillcrest Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I had the pleasure to stay at the Hillcrest B&B this month and absolutely loved my time here! The view is breathtaking, the rooms are stocked with everything you could need (kettle, coffee/tea, heater, T.V., shampoo, towels, etc.) The bed was comfortable and I had an amazing sleep each night. Noleen, the proprietor, and her family are incredibly sweet and accommodating, and breakfast was wonderful. The house itself is quite beautiful and it's surrounded by gorgeous views on all sides. A wonderful place to stay to get away from it all! I would highly recommend if you're looking for some peace and relaxation in a lovely part of Ireland!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely, but try and get one at the front of the house (I think all but one are at the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eryn M

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I booked a night here and unfortunetly arrived in the dark but it was not a difficult task to find (once i followed the right signs!!)
Nolleen was warm and very welcoming, my room was superb, tv, a kettle with tea, coffee,sugar and biscuits and a heater.
I awoke to the most breathtaking and tranquil view of the mountains and Lough Arrow from my window....wow!!
Breakfast was more a banquet of all things Irish plus more!! Coffee was the best i had in Ireland!!
I reccomend "Hillcrest" for that wonderful romantic hideaway or a base to explore this beautiful area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank m0rphy
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My family and I stayed at Hillcrest for a couple of days recently - and what a brilliant time we had! The proprietors couldn't have been friendly or more hospitable and the views of the Lough were - in a word - amazing. A lovely, family atmosphere in idyllic country surroundings. The service was great and every effort was made to accommodate our needs.
Will definitely be making a return journey to Hillcrest on my return to Ireland, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 27 February 2012

more functional, i think the b n b is not a priority for this venue. way off the main road/

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Aidan0279
Reviewed 4 June 2008

Found this B&B in the Town and Country book and what a find it was. Out in the country off the N4, it has gorgeous views of Lough Arrow and is near the Carrowkeel Passage Tombs. We happened to arrive the day they were celebrating their son's First Communion. But, Noleen, the proprietor, and her family were so welcoming they made us feel part of the family. Very clean and pleasantly decorated, and they serve a great breakfast. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed staying at this B&B. There is also an award winning restaurant just a short distance (you could walk) down the road, if cost is not an issue.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Sac2Travelers

Been to Hillcrest Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!