“Terrible Service!”

Hotel Rebstock
Hotel Rebstock
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ohlsbach
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Unfortunately, this was the first time I have had such terrible experience with a hotel (and I travel a lot!). I booked this hotel last week via Hotels.com for one night. When my friends and I reached the hotel (around 10:30 PM), the entrance door was closed. There was a number on the door which we called multiple times; however, not one person picked up. Upon reading the signs on their door, we learned that they close at 10:00 PM. Unfortunately, this was not stated anywhere on our booking, nor did we get an email letting us know about this. We then booked the Mercure hotel nearby which had fabulous service (and is open 24h) for a slightly higher price. When I called hotels.com, they refused to give me a refund, and the same goes for the hotel when we called them the following morning. They simply laughed at us and said "you were late, no refund". Since they decided to keep my money, I am entitled to write a review about my experience with them. I booked a couple of other small hotels for that week (which were all in secluded areas as well); however, they had the decency to send us an email to inform us of their operating hours and gave us their lock box information in case we arrived late. I really would not recommend booking these guys if you can get better hotel chains nearby for a slightly higher price with better service.

Room Tip: I wouldn't book with these people!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank smitadc

Reviewed 27 August 2015

The hotel is situated in a quiet village with not much to do but an excellent base for touring around. It has good facilities and the rooms are spacious and well furnished. The owners and staff are very pleasant and helpful. They made us feel welcome and offered all sorts of information about the surrounding area. Breakfast was plentiful and of high quality. The décor and general ambience is good. Downside was lack of evening meal option, also be aware arriving between 2and 4pm the reception is closed, so be sure to arrive outwith the closed period. Each room seemed to have a balcony furnished with a table and chairs and the bedroom itself had easy chairs and TV. There was a limited room service menu available. Wi-Fi reception isn't great. Overall an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ihammie
Reviewed 9 August 2015

This hotel is situated in the quiet village of Ohlsbach but is very convenient for the nearby tourist town of Gengenbach (6km approx). We liked its quietness and it was very restful after touring etc during the day. We stayed for 3 nights. Our room was large and we had the added bonus of a balcony with good seats. Breakfast was of a high standard and served in a well laid out dining room with proper table linen, cutlery etc. The hotel offered us free train tickets for the area but as we had our own car we didn't make use of them...nice offer though. Our room didn't have a fridge or tea/coffee and on arrival I really needed a cup of coffee. The small bakery next door was closing so i ended up asking a restaurant down the road if they would serve me a "coffee to go" which they did in a large plastic cup! WIFI isn't good here at all and it's only available at the reception area. I also noted that reception closes at 10pm and also from 1.00 to 4.00pm...not sure what you are supposed to do if you arrive outside of opening hours?? In spite of the amenities that were lacking (and we noted on our trip that tea/coffee, fridges, ice cubes etc are just not available in small German hotels..perhaps we have got used to American hotels after having several holidays there in recent years) we did enjoy our stay and we were able to pop into Gengenbach each evening for dinner. It's a good hotel overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony away from the front of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BMRCIreland
Reviewed 9 October 2014

A good location for a stop over when travelling this part of Germany!
Spacious rooms,we had a balcony which was nice. Breakfast good plenty of choice! Parking & wifi free! But wifi very poor signal, and strange rules for its use!
"Tim's Steak house" which is attached to the hotel but run independently is excellent and very reasonably priced, ( cash only though) but well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kathryn_hurd
Reviewed 28 September 2014

Stayed for one night as we needed to be in the area. Room was clean and comfortable with a good bathroom en-suite. We checked in with two medium dogs at 10 Euros each. Despite advertising as `pets welcome` the lady owner/manager seemed far from keen and seemed convinced that disaster would follow. Luckily our dogs are used to travelling and staying in hotels so no problems and the owner/manager warmed once the anticipated disaster did not happen. English spoken by the staff was very good and spared my poor German. Excellent steakhouse attached to the hotel - recommended!
No tea & coffee facilities in the room (we take our own in Europe anyway) Satellite TV had no English channels but we were not there long enough for that to be an issue.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quieter and away from the road.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple

Been to Hotel Rebstock? Share your experiences!