“exceptional !!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2015

Birthday of my girlfriend, have been now 4 times, but this time was even better than the last years. Very high quality food and service. Very comfortable atmosphere. Good quality wine arrangement with the chosen menu.

Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

On a Friday afternoon we enjoyed lunch in this Michelin rated restaurant. The food is exceptionally good. Excellent wines. Friendly staff. Very recommendable.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

I loved everything in the restaurant from the moment we entered in. Service is excellent. Guys even brought small stool for my bag. Food was delicious. It was about exploring new combinations of taste at the same time not loosing the natural taste of food. Very innovative. We definitely go their again.

Reviewed 2 October 2015

My friend from England was over for her birthday and as a treat she and I decided to treat ourselves to lunch at Chapeau. We were not disappointed. The waiting staff were so welcoming and explained the dishes as they were served. Each dish was delicious and exciting. We loved the different flavours. The wine complimented each dish very well. We sat outside which was lovely. We absolutely loved our experience and will return.

Reviewed 20 September 2015

It has been a while we had dinner at Chapeau. Knowing the owners there is always a warm welcome but in all fairness I believe this is given to each and everyone arriving.
The lounge is a nice small side room where you can sit at the fireplace and enjoy a drink and taking a look at the menu or just waiting for the rest of the party to arrive.
The restaurant is a well appointed and with an open kitchen there is always some action to see. In summer, not last night unfortunately, one can sit outside too. However, some might find it a bit to noisy with a road directly in front of the terrace.
The service was great and we settled for a menu. Presentation of food is phenomenal. Taste, sometimes a bit flat or natural for my tast but always very good. One can tell ingredients are of higher quality.

It might sound a bit negative if I mentioned the above about taste. I do not intend to do so and for many this might be what they look for. Its a personal matter and my taste is more for stronger flavors and contrasts in the dish. This can be found at many places but Chapeau has been consistent in its taste for many years and its damn good!

Also I always find the flexibility of the staff towards the menu or rather the changes one can make exceptional. Its rather Dutch to reject any request to the menu with some blond reply but not at this place. Well done Ronald, again.