“Best view in Solola !”

Restaurante El Gran Mirador
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Solola
Cuisines: Mexican, Guatemalan, International
Reviewed 19 January 2015

Nice place to enjoy a drink with a wonderful view on the lake Atitlan and Solola. Besides, Carlos, the owner, is really friendly and welcoming !

1  Thank Bundii
There are newer reviews for Restaurante El Gran Mirador

Reviewed 19 January 2015

We stopped here on our way down from the highway to Panajachel. The view is just amazing. It is the perfect spot to enjoy a coffee. Service was excellent as well. We also got the opportunity to meet the owner, a very nice person to have a chat with!

1  Thank Geofdw
Reviewed 19 January 2015 via mobile

As you arrive to Solola, you'd be tempted to continue to find a better view over the Lago Atitlan. Well, there isn't! The surroundings are breath-taking: six volcanoes, the lake, Solola... And the family is lovely. Don't forget to try their coffee while enjoying the view.

1  Thank BicyKlettes
Reviewed 15 October 2014

My family & I had the opportunity to have lunch at El Gran Mirador Restaurant on Oct. 9, 2014. The view was unbelievable, the food was excellent & the service was great. 4 "STARS" until I received the bill. I paid with American Express Credomatic (they had a large sign saying they accepted American Express Credomatic). When I got back my receipt I noticed I was charged an 8% fee for paying with a credit card. I stated that in the past as well as during this vacation I had never been to any business in Guatemala that added this credit card fee. I then offered then to pay with USD but was immediately informed that their would be a 10% additional charge to accept USD. I left the bill as paid with American Express. To my surprise, when reviewing the bill later, I discovered that the original bill for 341 Quetzals actually added up to only 310 Quetzals. The amounts in question are insignificant - the problem is that it took away from a good experience and replaced it with one of displeasure..

Reviewed 21 September 2014

Food was good. We had grilled chicken and veggies with watery mashed potatoes. The fried plantains were a hit. The delicious lime aid was my favorite. The bathroom was in demand after a three hour trip from GC and it was tiny and almost inaccessible for an average sized person. There is never any toilet paper in this wonderful country so BYOTP and don't put in the toilet.

The view of the lake and volcano are lovely.