“Overnight Business Stop over”
Review of Gray Manor Hotel

Gray Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cholderton
Reviewed 12 October 2016

I booked two double rooms for myself and a colleague, The welcome was good and the staff friendly. Our rooms were very cold and we requested that the heating was put on, two convector heaters were provided. My room, whilst comfortable enough, was pretty shabby. The carpets were really dirty, and I didn't take my shoes off until bedtime! The furniture was old, grubby and not very strong! The bathroom was dated, with a poor shower arrangement whereby the water went all over the floor. There wa night time noise from the rooms above. On the plus side the linen was spotless, and I thought the breakfast was very nice. We ate out at a local Indian restaurant, because the hotel restaurant was empty and we were not sure that it was open?

Room Tip: Don't choose room 15!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 September 2016

We were guests at a wedding the hotel was hosting and we chose to stay overnight as well.
We arrived way too early but were offered coffee and our clothes were taken to be hung up until our room was ready.
Rooms were functional with loads of storage and beds really comfortable - very generous with the tea and coffee in the room.
Perfect venue with lots of thought given- particularly in the gardens - to the fact that a wedding is a family event and children were going to be there.
Food was delicious both at the wedding and the buffet breakfast.
All the staff were helpful and approachable and to top it all when we handed our keys in we were given a bag with drinks and snacks to fortify us on the road.
Recommend to anybody

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise H
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

We had a family wedding here and it was wonderful. Eli & Jason were so helpful. The hotel & garden is lovely.
Very friendly polite staff nothing was too much trouble they all worked hard to make the wedding special. A big shout out to Joe, what a top guy! The room I stayed in was clean & comfortable the bed was a bit soft but that's personal preference. A lot of family & guests to the wedding stayed and they all had good things to say.
Tea & coffee TV wifi hairdryer etc everything you needed.
Breakfast was lovely great choice & plenty of it.
And a when we checked out we got a little goodbye bag containing a bottle's of water & a cereal bar's!
I highly recommend Gray Manor for either a wedding venue or just a lovely place to stay.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Wow!!! This hotel is everything that you would want. My sister and now husband got married on Saturday 10th September and it was a day to remember, although the rain poured, the day went without any problems. the staff were so lovely and so accommodating they all went above and beyond to make the day special for my sister. The wedding room looked absolutely stunning. The rooms were very comfortable with TV tea coffee station, after a few drinks, a nice place to sleep. The breakfast was for champions!! so much to offer and parts were freshly cooked for you. Now my sister is married I'm planning my wedding and would love to book Gray Manor for my special day as it was perfect. Thank you for making Emma and Martins day memorable, you were all great.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Samantha H
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

This was a last minute booking and I was unsure what to expect .
The rooms were fairly okay and as we did not spend much time in them suited us perfectly .
Location is excellent with short drives to Salisbury , Winchester and Bath.
The bar and seating area is fair open with quirky design features . I liked it as it was a fresh open uncluttered space we could unwind in . The hotel is not large so was quiet and relaxing .
What did stand out was the service . It was excellent from the start .Staff were friendly and very helpful . Even helped us plan our touring and dining . On checkout were presented with a little travel pack of water and cereal bars for the trip home .
I will definitely stay again purely due to the way we were welcomed and looked after by the whole team at the hotel .

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank gregory j
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cholderton
10.8 km away
20.2 km away
Esseborne Manor
Esseborne Manor
#1 of 1 in Hurstbourne Tarrant

Been to Gray Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!