Claregalway Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Nox Hotel(Galway)
View Hotel
All reviewsgalway cityleisure centrelovely hotelfamily roombridal suitewedding receptionfamily weddingmain roadfollowing morningrooms are lovelybuffet stylewould highly recommend this hotelsingle bedfrom start to finishbar foodhotel barstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We came here for my partners birthday we had a great time minus the glitch in reception with been charged for breakfast when we already paid. Food is great and service was even better. Rooms very clean and spacious

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Paul G, General Manager at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Ger303,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us for your partners birthday. Apoligies about the error in your breakfast charge.
We hope to welcome you through our doors in the future for another event.
Kindet regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed in Claregalway Hotel with my Wife and our Daughter on Saturday 17 March 2018.Hard to express how disappointed we were that we only booked one night.Checked in Mid Afternnoou when Hotel was extremely busy due to St Patrick's Day and Ireland V England rugby game.This did not effect check in which was as smooth as silk,despite my voice been practically inaudible.Our room no 215 was huge,3 beds,and absolutely spotless.Five star standard at the very least.Later in the evening we enjoyed a beautiful meal.The bar was still busy but No all Clarke, Manager allowed us done in Hotel foyer as there was no wheelchair accessible seating area available in the bar.This was done without any fuss but was greatly appreciated.Music in the bar that evening led to a super nights sleep in our sumptuous beds.Breakfast on Sunday matched the high standard set on Saturday and set us up for the day.From arrival to departure everything was professional and exceptional. Every member of staff from reception to bar staff to waiting staff met us with a smile and all made time to chat. and make us feel like family. Would highly recommend and will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi Johnd0509,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay with us over St. Patricks Weekend. It is great to hear that on one of our busiest days of the year that customer service and guests experience with us is still our usual high standard.
We hope the next time you return to us you can stay for a longer period of time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spent 1 night here on the way to Sligo. Part of our 7 weeks in UK trip.This is the best accomodation we've had so far. We got a car park right out front. Our room 110 was large and very clean. We had booked 2 single beds but got a double and single in the room.The big bath was an added surprise and I took advantage of it. We ate in the bar area and the food was delicious. Staff very polite and helpful. Breakfast was included in the price and again it was delicious. Definitely worth deriving iut of Galway to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Kaleeo_44,
Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and found our facilities and staff to be of such a high standard. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and return home safely.
Kindeat Regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2018

This Hotel has lovely spacious rooms that are spotless, bright and very comfortable. I booked this hotel and in error booked two rooms instead of one through a booking site who then told me that I would have to pay for both rooms. When the hotel was contacted Paul, the receptionist, assured me that it was no problem and not to worry as he would sort it out, which he did, with no fuss or drama.I found him to be totally professional and kind, just what I needed as I was visiting the area at a time of a family bereavement. I look forward to making a return visit in happier times.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Twinkx

Hi Twinkx,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff were able to assist in any way they could to help you.
We hope that you can return to stay with us in the future under happier circumstances.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I was staying as part of a business trip. The rooms are clean and beds comfortable. Check in was simple and the staff were friendly and efficient throughout my stay. However the shower was a little cold and difficult to increase the temperature of the water. My room was on the first floor and outside my window was a patio. There are no blinds on the window so for privacy I needed to close the curtains during the day. However this makes the room really dark and there is no proper light over the seating area making it difficult to catchup on some paperwork. The lighting in the room is more like mood lighting and not great if you are trying to do some work. The WiFi is fast and easy to use.
The menu in the restaurant is basic bistro style food. It was fine but I thought a little overpriced and I would prefer a few less stodgy options ie without chips!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Hi Supaberri,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
It is great to hear that you had a great nights sleep with us as we have recently upgraded all our mattresses to ensure a better quality sleep for your guests.
Your feedback has been noted for continuous improvement. Our chef is looking at lighter options for meal times that would suit a business traveller that eats out most nights. We are also looking at partitions on our balconies for more guest privacy. We do have a business lamp on all our desks to aid work in the bedrooms, these are a new addition when we renovated our bedrooms to assist with work being conducted out of office.
We hope that the next time you are in Galway for work or pleasure that you will return to us again.