Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
ZenHotels.com
US$88
View deal
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews sunday lunch piped music piping hot cooked to perfection full english breakfast lovely room cooked breakfast wedding motorway birmingham gemma chap faulty mushrooms
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2021 via mobile

Friendly welcome and lovely room.
The date night meal was not candlelit and romantic as it should have been. It was our anniversary so wanted better .
Did not mind a wedding taking place but it restricted our exploration of the grounds.
But the staff could not be more efficient.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Limes Country Lodge Hotel, Other at The Limes Country Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2021

Good Morning Dave P
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for choosing the Limes to celebrate your Anniversary.

I`m happy to hear that you received great service from our team.
The date night package is a new experience so your feedback will lead to the team reviewing how to make them more romantic going forward.

Reviewed 2 September 2021

Amazing Location with Lovely Surrond Country Side Hotel, if you really need a place to relax. We enjoyed well Staying at The Limes Hotel. Amazing Staff. Very Clean and Modern Rooms. Plenty of parking Space,

Thank you and Best Wishes.
Prasad Siriwardena

Room tip: Please serve warm milk , Hot Chocolate Etc for the Breakfast..Thank you

Good morning Prasad Siriwardena

Thank you so much for a lovely review.
Your feedback will be passed on to each department.

Hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 August 2021

Everything about our stay was very poor with a surprising lack of service and concern by the owner.
We had booked 9 rooms for guests attending a wedding, 2 of whom were elderly. All were travelling long distances. They completely lost all of our bookings because they over booked us with a wedding. They made little effort to sort it out and even when we did gain a few rooms with them they hassled the two 90 year olds out of their rooms on check out. Several of our guests had to find somewhere else to stay. The hotel was unconcerned.
Due to covid this was a rebooking and they deducted money from my account for the stay that was cancelled,again it took a lot of sorting out.
In short the admin system is shocking and the service very poor.
If you use this hotel I suggest that you check several times that they have got your booking and also understand what you have booked for and check what you are charged for.
Would never use it again

Trip type: Travelled with family

Good morning Vivienne

We are sorry that you were disappointed with your experience.
As discussed when you came in there had been issues with the rooms which we went over and explained with you in person.
Not all of your bookings were affected and a member of management was assisting your elderly guests on departure so sorry that they felt pushed out. this wasn't her intention.

Our aapologies
Kind regards
Victoria and the Limes Management.

Reviewed 31 August 2021

I and my family have had four rooms booked for a wedding which - due to Covid - moved from 2020 to 2021 and then again within 2021 which I appreciate isn't easy for the hotel. However, there was loads of notice but each time it was hard to do and despite having email confirmation of the booking changes I was rung two weeks before the wedding to say they had overbooked and were short of rooms and could I talk them through what rooms I thought I had booked! The mother of the bride went in person and spent over an hour resolving mine and her bookings and we ended up two rooms short in total. I arrived early for the wedding and was assured my son's three rooms were fine for the next day. On the day of the wedding they initially denied we had one room booked for an early check in, then when asked to confirm the other two rooms would be available later they only had one (despite I found on return home having taken payment for all four prior to the date)!! We left for the wedding not knowing if a room would be found. My son was rung and a room had been found ... someone who had booked but who had not paid before arrival (!) ... so he was OK but we do wonder if the other couple were subsequently disappointed when they arrived!! The rooms are OK - the location (for us) was great - breakfast was OK - the few staff around were trying hard. It was just nerve-wracking from start to finish.

Reviewed 29 August 2021

Had a 2 night stay here for a family wedding.
The limes is set in beautiful countryside and looks very impressive from the roadside. It’s well signed posted coming from all directions and easy to get to from j3 on m42.
On arrival, the music playing in the garden, the willow tree and the water fountain put me in a nice mood.

Checking in/out was uncomplicated and reception staff were lovely.

My room was up a flight of stairs at the end of a corridor so I struggled a bit carrying my overnight case and bags. Room was well aired and tastefully decorated, everything I needed was there so I was able to relax and the bed was comfy and I slept very well.
Maybe it was me but every time i showered It was quite cool.
The wedding ceremony took place in the garden amidst lovely surroundings. Unfortunately the ground was uneven, where paths and artificial grassed areas met there were troughs and dips and a couple of guests went over on their ankles, one quite badly. Also the car park is covered with gravelly stones and ladies arriving in wedding attire and stilettos did not enjoy the walk to the main building.
Overall I enjoyed my stay.
The staff worked hard to ensure the day went well and apparently weddings took place three days on the trot so they are doing a great job. In spite of my picky remarks I did enjoy my stay at the limes and would stay again

Picture is a view from the bedroom window.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Jan B

Thank you for your lovely review.

Your feedback regarding the grounds has been passed onto our maintenance team and the owner for investigation.
We hope that the guest that went over on their ankles are ok.

We have had a very busy couple of months with Weddings and events daily so our team have been working very hard so im glad that this has been recognised.

It would be lovely to see you stay with us again.