“Felt a bit let down”
Review of The Penwig

The Penwig
Ranked #18 of 30 Restaurants in New Quay
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Popped in for food as we always do when visiting. It's a lovely clean place and the staff are really nice and friendly but this time I left feeling disappointed. It seemed to take ages for our food which I accepted as they did seem busy. I had chicken in a sort of barbecue sauce and topped with cheese, chips and salad. To be honest the salad was about 4 pieces of lettuce, nothing else! It looked like it had been plated by someone who really didn't care which made it look unappealing. All in all I was a bit upset as like I said this is the place we always call in when we visit. Hopefully they were just having a bad day!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We sat by the kitchen and saw every meal be warmed up in takeaway plastic containers. No skill required. Very average food to put it mildly. Handy for a drink but would eat elsewhere.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Nice for a drink. Staff friendly. Food rather average (Wetherspoons style menu). Offers good outside seating.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I had a fabulous reunion with my Brother and had excellent service from the two lovely barmaids very bright and bubbly and extremely helpful in dietary needs .... lovely light snack .. quick service ..... Sarah I think her name was very clean and tidy with her smiling work buddie... well done

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We have been coming to new quay and the penwig for about 10 years. The beer and view are amazing and up until a few years ago the food tasty and good value. However, the meals now are out of plastic tubs, tasteless and unpleasant and not worth the money, fish undercooked and strange lumpy sausages. We will drink here again as fantastic views, but we will not eat here again which is a real disappointment!