TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I booked 3 rooms here for my family in August, 5 adults & 1 child. There was a great deal on for a 2 night stay with B&B that included one evening meal in the bistro. I was also delighted that the single room suplement didnt apply like so many of the big hotels so everyone got a great deal. Everyone said that the breakfast was lovely, no complaints what so ever with everything getting the thumbs up. My husband & I joined the gang for dinner in the Bistro on Saturday night. The food was fab, all 8 starters & all 8 mains, think only 3 of us managed to fit in desert & again it was lovely. OK the rooms are dated but they're clean. We'll be back to visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Sharon,Dublin
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We had a quick dinner in the bar of the Brosna Lodge Hotel in Banagher. This is usually the case of you stay with local and fresh food. We can recommend the fresh salmon and lemon cake served warm with cream on it, which was very delicious. The mushrooms weren't that good. I would opt for the soup of the day the next time. The bar was a bit noisy on a Friday with sports running on several screens everywhere in the rooms. I guess like elsewhere in Irish pubs.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Frank S
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Had dinner shortly after our arrival. Got bacon caesar salad. Bacon gone off. Pepper aauce with steak was only glorified gravy if even that. Dessert best part of meal. Waiting ages for food. Staff could do with some hospitality training. Rooms dated but clean.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank parkers01
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stayed here and thought hotel was really nice. The breakfast was probably one of the best I have had in a long time... Some rooms are a little dated and could do with a little TLC. The overall ambiance of the hotel was lovely... The staff were all really friendly... I would stay here again...

Room Tip: Ask for a modern / updated room, I believe some have been updated...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anna Sinead L
Reviewed 2 May 2013

The staff in general were friendly; apart from one person in the reception that was extremely rude.So far in the time of my check-out, the person at the reception was very kind. I had a nice breakfast but the rooms are old (the furniture) and there is only one plug to connect the TV and the kettle, it needs a revamp and it's not a hotel in my opinion, it's more like a b&b.It gets very noisy at night because of the pub, so you might take sometime to fall asleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple