Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
creative3response
Ampang, Malaysia

4 stars for this hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Feb 2020via mobile
Stay 3/2nights. 4km ftom Kuah Town and Grab will cost MYR9.00 per trip to the Jetty. Breakfast is provided by the hotel but you need to choose your breakfast and it will be send to your room at to the time you requested starting from 8am. Room is clean and quite. Smart TV in the room which YouTube is available. The only thing is the water is small as to the pressure. Each room has a coffee maker and 2 blisters is given each day. You can get hot or cold water from downstairs Coway water dispenser.
Date of stay: February 2020
    RM 54
    RM 64
3.7 km from Chill Box Langkawi
View more hotels in Kuah
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2020 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the 4.5 rating, because I certainly was!

The only thing this hotel offers is big rooms! And not much else!

The location is a big disadvantage, because all the main attractions are far away. You would either have to get a taxi every time, or rent a car or scooter. Car is better because of the distances, but it's more expensive.

We were very happy that the hotel offers scooter rentals. However, sometimes the scooters are all in use, so then you're stuck. We were only able to get a scooter from our second day at the hotel.
The staff was very nice and helpful.

Back to the rooms - they had white lighting, which is a bit tasteless and makes it a bit too casual. You can fix that with the bedside lamps, though.
The rooms also have mini fridges, which is always a plus point.

My main issue was the bathroom; the placement / height of the wash basin, with the tiny shelf directly on top of the faucet - barely giving any space in between - was VERY uncomfortable to use.
There is a normal way in which things are meant to be positioned, but this was completely absurd.

The toilet and shower were all *one* area, albeit big. No boundaries, no borders, no cut-off point separating the two. So when you shower, the whole bathroom floor gets wet - and stays that way. I wouldn't have minded, had they provided wipers.

The toilet paper was not great quality, and its holder was worse - when trying to put the roll in, it broke in the first instance.
The toilet seat was slightly flimsy.

The shower pressure was good, but the water not as hot as desired - despite keeping the geyser on the whole time.
There was no proper space to keep things like shampoo.

Breakfast:
They have the shortest breakfast timings I've seen at any hotel 😂, namely 8am-10am (two hours). It is served inside the room. They give us a choice from four local items (from which we have to choose *one* for each day), plus toast & butter/jam, plus tea or coffee.
We have to make the tea/coffee ourselves with the kettle in our room.
They already apply the butter/jam on the toast for you, which is good for lazy people like me. And it was quite tasty!
The local items were okay; it varies from palate to palate, whether one would like them or not. I liked three out of four, though they were quite oily.
All that said, it was THE most basic breakfast I've ever had at any hotel. It only works as a preventive measure from going crazy with hunger right when you get up in the morning 😂

Speaking of food - because of the location of the place, there are no restaurants you can get to by foot (as far as I know), and even GrabFood Delivery had very limited options (we survived on ordering McDonalds for lunch).

One good thing was that, unlike other hotels, there was a water dispenser in the lobby, free to use whenever we wanted. Hence, we never ran out of water. Much appreciated, since there was no grocery store we knew of in close vicinity!

In the end, I would highly disagree with this hotel's "3-star" status; it is a 2-star at best. Size is not everything!

If you are looking for the slightest bit of luxury, this is not the place.

If you want to be where all the action is, or have easy access to anything, this is not the place.

But if you are on a strict budget or want to save money, and are flexible, great. This could be the place!

You get what you pay for.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank DesiPockets
Reviewed 19 October 2019 via mobile

No complaints about this hotel. It is more like a big bungalow with individual rooms. Simple breakfast and coffee are provided. It is located near Gua Maha, a factory / attraction that produces bird's nest, so grab drivers can locate you easily.

The area is a bit dark and secluded, I won't advise walking back late at night. Definitely take a taxi or a grab.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 778yrc
Reviewed 27 August 2019 via mobile

Genuinely one of the best places I stayed with traveling through SE Asia. The staff are super helpful and friendly. The TV connected to YouTube was a great addition to the room. It's also really peaceful and quiet.

The hotel is a bit out of the way but it's not far from the town by grab. For the beaches and other attractions you'll be traveling 30nto 40 minutes by grab, depending on where you want to get to. For the fantastic staff, nice room, and peace and quiet this was worth it to me. Your milage may differ.

I really can't imagine a better place to stay. I extended my time here twice.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Bomchickawaawaa
Reviewed 20 February 2019

It is really pleasant and clean rooms, but the thing that makes this such a good place to stay is the staff. All of the people are incredibly helpful and generous with their time and advice. Prices are excellent, I have stayed for a weekend with my family for CNY celebration and honestly, I am so happy we found this place. The room was lovely, super clean with comfortable bed, bathroom with shower very clean. Rooms which are simple but sufficiently equipped with a queen bed, TV and tea/coffee making. Good value hotel in the forest. They also provided car and scooter rental service. I saw a review saying the hotel room have a pest issue. However, I was glad to hear the management told me actually they will carry out pest control every week to avoid such issue to happen. I also understand that Malaysia is a country with hot sun and high humidity, and the hotel just near the forest, so be part of the natural, fully enjoy what natural bring to us. =) Thank you, Chill Box Langkawi. Definitely will go and stay again!! Highly recommend this place to other travellers.

Room tip: All rooms are new and nice design.. simple and cozy
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank NicFooKL
Reviewed 16 February 2019

We been in Chill Box for 6 days and the staff was so careful and frendly with us. They help you with everything and also bring the breakfast to the room. The room it's big and many space. The matress very confortable and very clean all the area.
Thanks you very much:)