Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
maciejbosak
Krakow, Poland

You get what you pay for...

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Apr 2017via mobile
The Sunderlan Motel is located in the center of Kuah, surrounded by numerous duty free stores and seafood restaurants.
The rooms are small but realatively clean and neat. Aircon, TV and wifi are working well.
The motel is located half an hour drive from the airport and few minutes drive from Eagle Square.
Fair offer for a budget tourist, starting with 65 ringgits (April 2017).
Date of stay: April 2017
    RM 303
1.7 km from Sunderland Motel
Pool
View more hotels in Kuah
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

On arrival at Langkawi airport take the only option taxi to kuah about 25 minutes and 30 ringgits £5-50p.the sunderland motel itself is a budget hotel at just at £12 a night the room was surprisingly good for the money and the staff was very helpful.with many duty free shops and restaurants close at hand,kuah itself is not good with many rundown buildings and no beaches to attract you, i was very disappointed with kuah and would nor brother going there again.I've taken a few photos that make it look nice.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2016

We checked as a family for a RM120 room. Mosquitos were abundance so I went to buy a insect repellant in a nearby shop. I told Mom & Kids to have their early dinner & I sprayed the room well & left. We came back 45 minutes later...there are dead cockroaches on the bed. A dead lizard near the window floor. And guess what...we tolerated cause we were tired & just wanted to have a pleasant sleep.

The next day I got a call from Front Desk at 12.04 noon & was asked if the stay is gonna be extend for another day. I replied NO & mentioned that I have to leave immediately or pay every RM10 for every hour starting from 12.00 noon!!!

I remained cool & told the front desk girl that I just woke up & needed 10 minutes to get the kids done..she said take your time & pay the RM10 as you check out.

Thanks Sunderland Hotel of Kuah... you are definately NOT Gonna get any good remarks in the near future.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

The Good: affordable, close to night markets, close to duty free shopping, close-ish to pier (long walk or short taxi),

The Bad: horrible unhelpful non English speaking staff, very hard bed, bad tv reception, smelly bathroom, intermittent bad wifi (especially in evenings when everyone is back).

One night in Kuah it's acceptable.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2015

You get value for money on your room. However as mentioned by the other reviewers they wouldn't clean your room during the stay. I stayed 3 nights & fortunately for me the room key failed to ignite electricity supply on the second night so they gave me a new room.

Biggest disappointment is the attitude/ability of the hotel staff to help you on any other request. In my case I wanted to arrange a taxi to Kuah Jetty early morning (6.45AM) as I had to catch the first ferry to Perlis so approached the front desk to help me arrange a taxi as I noticed although the taxi stand is just next door there are hardly any taxis at the stand during that time ( I checked previous morning). Staff maintained they cannot arrange a taxi & asked me to go to the stand in the morning.

In the morning as I predicted there was no taxis in the stand I had to pull my luggage & go to My Hotel which is 500m away and request the front desk & thank god they had 24 taxi service.

Room tip: There is a iron in the corridor near the entrance to stairway.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chandrien D
Reviewed 3 November 2015

Lovely room and freshly made to give you a good night sleep. Would repeat it again. Nice. There is only one issue I found. There was not parking at site. But around the hotel there are free parking. Apart from that it's a lovely place to stay and I will defiantly repeat staying there again

Date of stay: October 2015