I came here in 2010 and was disappointed with the faulty aircond, how dirty and dusty the room was but my recent May trip (for triathlon) change a LITTLE bit of my perspective.
Crowd - i prefer to come during peak season (for triathlon/company family day) as the place can be quite spooky at night. Otherwise, get a room near the main building. If you are lucky enough, you get to see family of wild boars passing nearby the room.
Baggy - the baggy is always helpful to carry you and your stuff around and this is important unless you plan to hike the little hills of the resort. The staffs are very friendly. Ample space to park the cars.
Food - we had lunch at the restaurant facing the swimpool. Average, resort-price. Dinner is always good. Always remember that the nearest town is Kuala Berang and it is about 40km away.
Room and toilet - I always remember how big the room was and the toilet is almost half the size of the room itself. This time, the room was clean, the bedsheet is newly changed, and looked okay. No bath tub, just hot shower with make up table and mirror. But I had a moment when I was alone on the toilet seat, mr. Ratatouille decided to say hi from under the closet space. Had a scary moment for a while. When my husband looked for it, it was gone. Aircond was working fine, no funny sound like last time.
Hotel phone - the hotel phone is not working, cable unattached and useless even when we try to connect it. Phone operators are out of service in most part of the hill. We couldn't really keep in touch with other friends so you better request for rooms near to each other (within walking distance) if you are coming in group.
So far, I'd say the place is average with affordable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Kenyir Resort, Taman Negara Terengganu is a subsidiary of Glenmarie Properties and a member of DRB-HICOM formerly known as Lake Kenyir Resort & Spa. It was opened in 1996, August 26th and designed to take full advantage of its strategic location beside Lake Kenyir. Lake Kenyir Resort, Taman Negara Terengganu is a four-star resort spreads across 70 acres of land and fronts Malaysia's largest lake and the largest man-made lake in South East Asia spanning over 260, 000 hectares. This private resort, inspired by Terengganu traditional architecture, is enveloped in lush tropical forest and by the beautiful lake which enhances that complete tranquil resort vacation, offering travellers a relaxing and exiting exotic nature's experiences. As a result, the resort was voted and selected as The Best Lake Resort by The Best of Malaysia Travel Awards 2007, Expatriate Lifestyle. ACCOMMODATION Lake Kenyir Resort, Taman Negara Terengganu hosts 136 wooden villas and designed to blend within its natural surroundings. The villas are categorised as Garden View Villas or Lake View Villas and our spectacular Honeymoon Villa that is designed to capture that special romantic moment in time with your new partner. FUN AND ADVENTURES ACTIVITIES Lake Kenyir has many trips & tours, in-door and outdoor activities to enjoy from the islands and the exciting highlights surrounding the lake partake in fishing, trekking, caving, night safari, teambuilding, photography and all that nature provides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Kenyir Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Kenyir Hotel Kuala Berang
- Lake Kenyir Resort And Spa
- Lake Kenyir Resort Terengganu, Malaysia - Kuala Berang