Creator Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Zenz Hotel(Kulai)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnasi lemakair conditionedtwin roomdecent hotelcoffee shopbusiness tripwithin walking distanceshort staybusiness solomin drivefamily with kidsinterior designsmall deskdecent breakfastsupermarket locatedfamily suitewet bathroom
Reviewed 30 March 2015

I booked this hotel 1 night because we need to transfer to the airport in early morning – on 4.30 a.m. When we were came around 1.30 but receptionist said that check in time is 2 p.m. She did not smile on her face, their service not good as another hotel in Johor Baru
They location was not great because so far away center, just only thing near Johor Baru premier shopping mall.
The room was basic and not clear when we arrival, they wifi so bad – can not join

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank thaiminhson
Reviewed 17 March 2015

If you do some extended shopping at the nearby Johor Premium Outlets, and do not have a place to rest your tired legs, try this hotel. Clean rooms, linen and wide spaces plus cavernous rooms ensure your comfort.
Room rates are reasonable without compromising and cutting corners.With a refreshingly arty decor, you will be wondering why hotels have to be the same, decor-wise.
Kulai town on its own, is not a tourist attraction. But its location, nearby to the Johor Premium Outlets brings visitors to the hotels here.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing the rear-while not exactly picturesque, you have a view of the mountains, marred only by the unkempt surroundings of the railway track reserves.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank srihartamas
Reviewed 27 February 2015

It was an impromptu business trip to down south. My business meetings took longer than I thought and decided to rest a night in Johor. Googled and discovered this place in Kulaijaya. Was quite skeptical at first but was taken aback upon arrival. The settings of the hotel was unique and creative. The receptionists were friendly and helpful. Was worried about their basement carpark though especially in their security and when you're driving a luxury car. Slept a night and thankfully the car was still in one piece. Was given breakfast vouchers at Old Town White Coffee next to their hotel. I would definitely stay here again if I am traveling alone. P/s, this hotel is near to IOI Mall, Aeon Mall and Johor Premium Outlet. Eateries not an issue even for supper.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank MarkKSLaw
Reviewed 26 December 2014

We stayed here for 1 night. Quite a good hotel with the rate we paid. Newly renovated, clean & spacious room & clean bathroom (will be better if these is shower screen to prevent the whole bathroom getting wet after shower). Like their hotel design concept, simple & nice. The only compliant is the lack of security at the hotel rooms level. The public/outsiders/non-guests are very easy to access to the rooms level by lift from level 2 (shopping mall), level 3 (Karaoka) & carpark level. Really hope that the management will look into this matter seriously.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank AkaiChong
Reviewed 9 December 2014

The good: The lobby is beautiful and there are arty little quirks at different parts of the hotel. The room is huge, clean and the beds are very comfortable. The shower has very good pressure too. The receptionist is helpful.
The bad:
1. I really do NOT feel safe staying in the hotel. The rooms, located on level 4, are easily accessible by anyone from the public through the hotel lifts. There is no security feature to limit the access of non-guests to the hotel room level.
2. The wifi is not accessible from my room which is located away from the 4th floor lobby where the wifi is at its best.
3. My room ran out of toilet paper quickly as my son had diarrhoea. When I asked the housekeeping staff along the corridor for one more roll, I was told I was given one already.
4. I asked for direction to Legoland and I was told by a security officer manning the reception, that it is too far for us to visit! I then asked for direction to the shopping mall AEON and she told me she there is no such place! Frankly, both of them are pretty nearby as I found out from the actual receptionist later.
5. On my last night, there were other guests who were making a din along the corridor from 11 pm till about 1.30 am. I can hear them knocking on doors and talking very loudly. My room even received a call that night around 1 am looking for a complete stranger.

After saying all that, my biggest grouse remains the lack of security at the room level. For the safety of other guests, I hope that it will improved.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family