All reviewscats and dogsblue gingeranimal shelternam restaurantyellow orchidmalay houseson stiltslove catspalm villaan animal lovercat sanctuaryyogurtmosquito netmod consfriendly catsevery eveningpeace and quiet
Reviewed 29 October 2015

Bon Ton exceeded our expectations. The staff were amazing and looked after us really well. The traditional houses were beautiful and the resort so relaxing. The food in the restaurant first class. We loved the whole experience .

Room Tip: We stayed in two villas and both lovely
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank souxie48
Reviewed 22 October 2015

This is a beautiful, romantic idea, with traditional Malaysian houses on stilts as its rooms. It is quite an intimate setting. It really was an amazing and unique hotel experience not to be forgotten. The restaurant serves Nonya cuisine which was a first for me and as with all the food I ate in Malaysia, very delicious. A little down the road is an Ayurvedic massage place which I also highly recommend. It is the best massage I've ever had and cured me of a long term rash that had eluded Western Medicine.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Xois111
Reviewed 19 October 2015

We stayed as a family of four with 7 year twins for 5 days in Silk Villa. We loved our house cat and all the friendly beasts casually draped over chairs and books and walls and tables... it is a cat sanctuary and they kindly shared it with us! The villas are special, combining old world charm with modern fittings - nothing quite like taking a shower on a wooden floor or a bath in a wooden tub outside. An experience that I would not have missed, and truly glorious fusion food. Perhaps not quite so much fun for the kids as for grown-ups, but they have different criteria and the pool was nice but not exciting and with the limited number of villas there is no guarantee of having kids of similar age to play with. But a very good time was had by all and I would certainly recommend a few days here to anyone who appreciates a glimpse at a bygone age and is not obsessed by glass and marble. AND - in 5 days, none of us got a single mozzie bite, so kudos to the mosquito warfare kits!

Room Tip: Silk Villa has an adorable little cuddly kitty companion!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandra C
Reviewed 19 October 2015

Bon Ton Resort exceeded my already high expectations. I stayed for two nights in the 120 year old Laguna house with a gorgeous view of the pool, view of the birds in the morning over the padi and it was an amazing experience. The house was perfectly appointed for comfort and style while still retaining a traditional feel. A friendly cat greeted me upon arrival and, while friendly, was not pushy when I was reading my book. I miss him!

The restaurant was divine, the staff was perfection, even the gift shop was great. I was pleased to be able to contribute to the rescue animal shelter located on the property. I rented a motorbike from the airport and was able to travel around from the resort with ease.

I can't wait to come back!

Stayed: October 2015
2  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed 12 October 2015

I went to Bon Ton for lunch and dinner on my first trip to Langkawi and vowed to go back and stay there as the food was so amazing and the staff so friendly. My boyfriend and I, along with some friends ended up going back and staying over New Years. It was perfection! The food was as good as ever (we ate most meals here as when we ventured out we ended up being disappointedly!) the accommodation in traditional Malaysian huts was tranquil and relaxing and I loved how the staff woul come around at dusk to put down the mosquito net around the bed and fill the fridge with breakfast goodies.
What I loved most about Bon Ton though is how it's connected to the Lassie animal shelter. Being an animal lover it added an extra special touch to our trip. We took the shelter dogs for walks and played with the cats that now call Bon Ton home.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends