“Lovely Pub”

Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For more than 400 years, an Inn or Tavern has stood on the banks of the river Stour where the Tickled Trout now stands. The Tickled Trout is typical of the distinctive Kentish architecture of the period and greets the visitor with a welcoming and unique 'olde world' charm. We strive to maintain this charm of oak beamed bars and open fires for our customers. Our well maintained gardens alondside the river Stour, provide the ideal setting for 'Al fresco' drinks and dining, with a superb choice from selective menus for which we are renowned.
Reviewed 17 April 2018

We have recently moved into the area and we are already in love with the Tickled Trout, gets busy when the sun is out because of the river and the garden.
We went here last Sunday expecting it to be quiet and there was a band just setting up. They were really good and the atmosphere was great.
We have also eaten here and the food was really nice. Will definitely be making this a regular place to visit.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We recently, after having lots of fun in the snow, ended up popping in for a warm drink and snack. I had my 2 dogs and we were told they were welcome as well as the soggy children we took over a corner and the radiators! We all individually (different family's) ordered food. My family just wanted chips and the barmaid told me the selection so we picked cheesy chips, sweet potatoe chips and regular chips and I must say the cheesy & sweet potatoes chips were the spot on! Yummy! Definitely recommend to drop in after a long walk for a drink and snack very welcoming.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely mid week meal at the Trickled Trout. A beautifully kept pub that I’m sure is even more special in the summer when you are able to fully appreciate its setting. We really enjoyed the vegetarian options and was nice to see a menu with imagination, albeit just the two options. Excellent choice of beers on tap, will definitely be back

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Has a rustic charm, situated near the river. Lovely oak beamed historic building bedecked with hops. Friendly and efficient staff.
Home fare cuisine;had the ham & cheese omelette, with salad & sweet potato fries, flavoursome and cooked well.

Definitely return, would imagine, very popular on a summer evening, sitting in the garden, overlooking the Great Stour.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I have visited The Tickled Trout many times over the years, and been at several functions held there, the team are always friendly, the food is always excellent and most of all (for me personally) they are very dog friendly!

1  Thank fhoward1256