“Best chinese take away in easter ross”
Review of Wok Inn

Wok Inn
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Invergordon
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Best chinese take away in easter ross. We travel a 30 mile round trip to use the Wok Inn even though there are 3 chinese take aways closer. Really good food.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

I used to frequent this place a lot over the years but a bit less recently. Food is ok but wood not shout about it

Reviewed 25 November 2016

Ok ... most people have their favourite Chinese .. this isbt ny favourite but they do the best chicken cashew nut !!
Rice is good
Gravy is better than jasmine houses (which is like tar)
The char Sui for yung went downhill a bit

Jasmine house just up the road is better for chicken noodle soup and Hong Kong style sweet and sour .. as are chicken balls .. n

Chicken Curry is better (breast if curry) from 88 in Alness ... have a large family we all order our favourites this is how I know this ..

Anyway For the standard of their chicken cashew nut they deserve 5 star

As someone stated on an earlier review they are a very friendly chatty family who run the takeaway

1  Thank CookieTravels1987
Reviewed 19 December 2015

We have been having a takeaway from here most weeks for the last four and half years. The special curry, special Thai green curry or special Satay are to be recomended with plenty of mixed meats and two large prawns. We always have the fried rice. The meals are never too salty or greasy. The family who own it are very friendly and chatty. We have never had a bad meal from this place. I am shocked to read the bad review. They cannot be serious driving eighty miles then reheating the food !!!

1  Thank Anna B
Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

I stopped here with my husband whilst travelling north. When I lived in the area 20 years ago, I would drive 30 mile round trip regularly as the food was so good! Tonight I decided to pay a special visit to an old favourite. However, the first clue of change may have been the kitchen staff standing at the counter with the counter staff with nothing happening in the kitchen. Two meals prepared very quickly and we kept them in the car for our 80 mile journey north, looking forward to heating them up and devouring them. When I got home and opened the dishes, to say I was disappointed was an understatement. The shredded chilli chicken was BRIGHT pink/red (which is never a good thing) and was bland. The Kung po dish looked like 10% sauce and 90% oil and water, resulting in a very light pink shading to the meat. Instinct took over and I dared not eat the meat. In starvation mode I tried the rice (okay) and the chips - very very greasy. Now, I am no spring chicken and I have eaten my fair share of Chinese food, but I will NEVER buy a meal from this takeaway again.