“Lovely welcoming hotel with pool, near Chester/Welsh border”

Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rossett
Leeds
“Lovely welcoming hotel with pool, near Chester/Welsh border”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The manager, Emily, was friendly and helpful. We had a late check out and a lazy morning reading the papers. Our deal included drinks at the bar and a scrummy breakfast (good quality sausages, plenty of pastries and fresh fruit). The gym was larger than most hotel gyms and had windows and a TV to keep me interested on the running machine and cross trainers. The pool was warm and long enough to stretch out in, and although the sauna was small it was good.

We were really pleased with the staff's general helpfulness, and the cleanliness and comfort of the surroundings. We were only there for one night, but would go again - it's in a great location to break up a long drive and only a few miles from Chester for a night out or shopping.

Surrounding parkland and sculptures looked good for a walk round too.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Mu hubby and I booked in at the Llyndir Hall for a 2 night bed and breakfast break arriving on a Sunday so we would be able to enjoy a pamper for my birthday. The hotel is tucked away in a lovely setting (although the plastic animals - dog/sheep/cow dotted around seemed a little of an odd choice) and would be perfect for a wedding.

The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was served to the table with a selection of pastries/cereals etc to help yourself to buffet style - a great start to the day! The leisure facilities were a little basic in comparison to other Best Western's we have stayed in but having the pool to myself for a swim more than made up for it!

We really enjoyed our trip and would definitely recommend as a 'base' for visiting Chester. The hotel was a perfect relaxing treat but within easy reach of Chester's attractions and most importantly shops! The only thing I couldn't understand was why the hotel was so quiet - people are definitely missing out on a real treat at the Lyndir Hall!

Room Tip: All rooms are non-smoking which was a great bonus to us but may be unsuitable for some.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ClaireBond007
cheshire uk
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I took my mum for a couple of days spa break on the 10th, 11th and 12th January.
We decided that we would stay bed, breakfast and evening meal, with some beauty treatments and full use of the leisure facilities.
We were greeted by Daniel, the Deputy Manager, who was really lovely and he carried our bags to our room, told us what we needed to know and said for us to just "pick up the phone and dial "0" if we needed anything further".
Our room was a twin room. Down stairs, not far from the leisure facilities.
The room was immaculately clean. Top marks to the housekeeping team!!
I am a head housekeeper of a hotel in Cheshire, so know what I am talking about!

Our evening meal was lovely and we were served by a lovely waitress who interacted with the diners nicely.

Following morning we went for breakfast.
I prefer self service personally, but here you have waitress service, so got what you asked for.

All staff were very helpful and extremely pleasant. Nothing too much trouble.

We made full use of the pool, gym and sauna and both had massages in the in-house beauty parlour - which is very reasonably priced.

My daughter is getting married in March, at the Queens Hotel, which is part of the same chain. I wish now she had seen this hotel before making her decision, as the surrounding countryside and gardens are beautiful.

10/10 to both Mgrs and staff here.

Highly recommend, and I will return!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor and the refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We sayed at the Llindir Hall Hotel on a 3 night Christmas Package 24th to 27th December. Fantastic value for money and beautiful location.
The service from every one of the staff was world class, nothing was too much trouble.
Good food, great activities and nice touches like gifts in the room and an pretty bag of sweets on the door handle of our room on Christmas morning. We will make a return visit.

Room Tip: No lift but ground floor rooms available and help with luggage.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phil F
Liverpool
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Christmas doo 12th December 2011. The first and very important thing to know is how to get there. Laptop Route Planner tells me to exit at junction 36 on the A55. Two weeks before the party decided for trial run while airing motorbike out. I pass junction 38, no probs I think some time to go, next junction comes up, junction 35A ???????. God I must be getting old so manages to get back on A55 and this time I will be vigilant…. Pass junction 38, next junction, 35A.????? Give up.. Go home, later use Sat Nav find that you should take junction 38 not 36 at stated. Sat Nav has its own mental break down and directs me down road to farm?? You should just stay on main roads and follow signs for the hotel.
Plastic sheep, roman style statues and large chess set in grounds. Not the most tasteful but so what….. I have seen worse, in fact they grew on me. Reception easy enough, bit slow but receptionist very happy and appears eager to help. Immediately ordered sandwich and coffee, not the cheapest but he food was fresh and tasty and again the service, good. We booked the bridal suite for the night. Cant fault it, big spacious clean massive bed, so big I didn’t have to go near my missus all night. We were having works party at the hotel and were given free bar from 5-7pm and 9-12pm. When a number of us wanted red wine…rather than us each having to go to bar with glasses, staff handed us a number of bottles for the table, very good. Food was ok, however maybe we have been lucky previously on works nights out as the norm is a effervescent DJ who rocks the place all night encouraging people to dance, we had a pleasant chap with a CD player of some sort. He did well with what he had but I don’t like playing bingo….
Night over, breakfast the next day good, extensive and cant fault it. Booked out again no problems so overall I enjoyed the hotel, didn’t have any time to use gym or anything else but friends tell me it was very good. One friend however told me hardly slept as his room possibly next to some generator as during the night he thought some plumber was freaking out on the water pipes.
Would go back again, would recommend.

Room Tip: Bridal suite rocks.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossett
0.6 km away
Ramada Plaza Wrexham
#3 of 10 in Wrexham
11.7 km away
Doubletree by Hilton Chester

Been to Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South? Share your experiences!