“Friendly staff but misleading menu ”
Review of The Farmhouse

The Farmhouse
Price range: US$16 - US$47
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Food is at the heart of The Farmhouse, an award-winning boutique hotel & restaurant set in extensive grounds amongst the scenic Guernsey countryside, just a stone’s throw away from spectacular cliff walks, Guernsey airport and popular local attractions such as The Little Chapel. A wide variety of mouth-watering menus are available in a choice of areas, including the poolside terrace and mature gardens, where you can enjoy al fresco drinks & dining in summer. The ambient Firefly restaurant features an open log fire to keep you cosy in winter, whilst The Stable Bar & Lounge is popular for coffee, cocktails and casual dining. Whatever you choose will be prepared with great skill using local, organic and Fairtrade products wherever possible, so start your day with a delicious breakfast or brunch, sample seasonal à la carte dishes for lunch or dinner, indulge in a homemade afternoon tea, treat the family to a traditional Sunday roast, dip ‘n’ dine or lay out a blanket to share a picnic.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We came for breakfast/lunch and it was good but wouldn’t rush back. I ordered boiled eggs and soldiers, and fresh fruit with honey and natural yoghurt (as written on the menu), the waiter’s English was ok but misunderstood boiled eggs for bacon butty, no trouble though and he was really nice and polite.

My eggs were fine but the fruit was bought just on its own. I asked for a spoon and the waiter didn’t understand what I wanted initially again, and after he got me a spoon I asked if the fruit was coming with yoghurt, he went and bought me some yoghurt but I felt like I was being a bit of trouble already so didn’t want to ask about the honey.

My partner had a full English breakfast and on the menu it said it included black pudding which it didn’t.

Not a fan of menus listing what dishes include but they are not included when you are served with them, and the waiters’ English could do with being a little better, however they were really sweet.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We had lunch here on Monday - not many places are open, and we were the only ones here. The staff were wonderful - we wanted to sit outside and make the most of the early Sprint sunshine. They accommodated this request although the outside eating area had not been prepared for the season - the table was cleaned for us etc. Had a great lunch (burgers and sandwiches). Not cheap, but Guernsey isn't! Our friends had a baby who was also well looked after. Would be nice to see some vegetarian options that didn't involve cheese ( an issue I had all over Guernsey).

Reviewed 27 February 2018

went to a presentation party for the first Guernsey Rally Nice bar area and hall good food on the day but bar staff in back room Bar area let you down asked for several standard drinks and the Bar man did not know what a bitter top was and tried to put lemonade into my guinness took me several attempts to explain how the drinks should be. reasonable prices but dearer than the hotel I was staying in. restaurant function room was very packed and had to que up for our food.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the hotel for a birthday weekend treat as part of a package that offered a 3 course meal in the restaurant. Although I live only a 20 minute drive away, I must admit I haven’t had a meal in the restaurant before. I was surprised at the great quality of the food and excellent service.
I had scallops to start, followed by a nicely cooked fillet steak, then a cheese board so big it took two of us to eat it! With a very reasonably priced bottle of red, we had a fantastic evening and after a good night’s sleep, a hearty breakfast the following morning. We will definitely be back for a return visit!

Reviewed 24 November 2017

We booked a family gathering and had pre booked our food. The meal arrived 45 minutes late and was of average quality when it eventually arrived, the children were very hungry. The gardens, pool area and surroundings were lovely as were the staff, just disappointing food and late service. There were several large parties and the kitchen could obviously not cope.