Somerset Cider Brandy Company
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Experts giving an insight into their interesting world

We didn’t know what to expect but should have guessed that it would look like a farmyard, which it... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
KyleBry
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
via mobile
Incredible place

Wow, this place is absolutely incredible. My husband and I didn’t book onto a tour, but you are... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
RachelW2178
Bingley, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews somerset cider apple juice farm shop orchard samples aperitif brandies
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2021

On holiday in Somerset, and wanted to experience the areas apple cider. Was recommended Burrow hill. What a beautiful authentic apple farm this is, and we loved it. One of the barns houses the shop, and wow, it’s beautifully old, full of goodies made by the farm. The staff there was so friendly, and offered testers of the cider. Delicious. We had brought a picnic, and sat under a apple tree in the orchard, and whiled away a couple of hours. Absolute quality. I will definitely return.

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

Very interesting old machinery and buildings but not the most of inviting places to be greeted with when you arrive. The old bus is a great idea but not sure hygiene is up to standards which put us off spending as much as we would have in the shop. The lady serving was not the greatest of sales people and made us feel like we were intruding on her day. We did buy some apple brandy which is highly recommended but disappointed to see it cheaper in the community shop in a nearby village.

Date of experience: July 2021
1  Thank borntobewildinvegas
Reviewed 25 May 2021 via mobile

I turned up at the Cider farm on a Monday so obviously empty. I was served by a lady and felt like I was bothering her. I asked to try some cider which she obliged, 2 paper cups with barely a mouthful in each. No explanation of what I was trying or the process involved (possibly she was having a bad day?) either way I still bought cider but only half of what I had originally planned. I took the other half of my custom to Perry’s cider farm. Burrow hill was cheaper but sometimes you want better service.
The other reviews on here seem great, I possible dealt with the wrong person.

Date of experience: May 2021
1  Thank ktothea2017
Reviewed 10 November 2020

We arrived as cider making was in process and whilst it was extremely noisy, it was interesting to watch the apples being washed and crushed to extract the juice. The shop is great with a wide range of ciders, liqueurs, apple juice and cider vinegars. The lady was very helpful and we tried a few ciders before making some purchases. We loved the Kingston Black aperitif

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 23 August 2020

Burrow Hill Cider has found its way onto our list of places to take friends when we venture around Somerset, and what better place could there be to visit on a sunny Saturday afternoon? We parked under the trees in the orchard and made our way to the courtyard where there was a decent number of people enjoying the drinks and food on offer. We bought the sparkling cider, perry and apple juice. The cider has a distinctive taste of the farm, but went down very smoothly. The staff were very personable and friendly. We ventured over to the little shop and sampled the various brandies, eventually choosing a bottle of XO to take home, along with a bottle of ice cider, which I am looking forward to opening! This is a super place to visit while exploring this lovely part of rural England.

Date of experience: August 2020