“Thursday night dinner”

The Northey Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Box
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This pub has recently undergone extensive renovation and redecoration, transforming it into one of Bath's most popular venues at which to eat, drink and stay. Having received Michelin and AA recognition, quality and consistency is the focus in the kitchen, where every ingredient is sourced through exhaustive research of our local suppliers by executive chef Chris Alderson. Our wine list is carefully chosen and we regularly feature guest ales and beers. We have recently expanded our accommodation facilities by adding five new beautiful rooms, including four new standard king size rooms and one superior family/twin room.
Reviewed 5 November 2017

We booked on the evening we went & there was plenty of room in the Restaurant. I have been here & reviewed it before & so we looked at some other similar eateries but The Northey had the best variety & was cheaper than several of the alternatives. They have a good wine list & menu. 2 of us started with the tempura prawns with sweet chilli dip & rocket salad & the 3rd had the Hoi Sin pork belly, both of which were delicious. 2 of us then had duck breast which was served with lovely vegetables, including beetroot, which is a particular favourite of mine. My husband had the Venison. Unfortunately the Venison was rather chewy but as soon as this was pointed out to the staff they immediately prepared a separate meal. I was extremely impressed with the service. I was only disappointed that I was too full up to try one of their extensive collection of delicious sounding desserts. Looking forward to the next meal here.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We had dinner. Great meal not oversized, brilliant cooked. Very tasty. I'll recommend it to everyone who travels to Bath

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Our visit can be summed up as we had
Great service, great food, a great overall experience. Will definitely return

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

What a great find for lunch . Super food beautiful and fresh and very reasonably priced . Also very welcoming to dogs with a little plate of biscuits .

Lovely children's play area too .

We will certainly be back . Thanks

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

As we have recently come to live in the area I thought we should try this place last week to check it out before we went for my mother's birthday. Place was clean, smart and the staff were friendly. Decided, yes this will be good. On the night of my mum's birthday (less than a week later) the same guy we saw behind the bar on our last visit was obnoxious, arrogant and uninterested. Happily my mum's food was good (tiger prawns and a fish main). I had pigeon starter and lamb with couscous main. Both were overly greasy and the lamb was less 'pink', more 'Raw'. Disappointed is an understatement as I paid £130 for an experience that I won't ever repeat. Sad to write off a local pub so quickly but I won't visit again and wouldn't recommend, especially for a special occasion as the staff will make sure it's Unpleasant.