“Birthday celebration”

The Pavillion
Ranked #6 of 63 Restaurants in Consett
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited The pavillion to celebrate a birthday . On arrival we waited in the seating area the bar service was slow , other tables were offered prawn crackers but not ourselves. Once seated in the restaurant I could not fault the food we opted for the gourmet banquet which was plentiful and could not finish the courses.
I just felt we were constantly looked at, too many staff to look after the tables. Considering it was a Friday evening the restaurant lacked atmosphere .

3  Thank nicola a

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I was part of a group of 53 and there were other parties in the restaurant but this did not impact the service which seemed very smooth.

The food was nice. Not the best I’ve had but at £18 for 3 courses I had no complaints.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

The quality of the food was very poor. Local take-away standard and hugely overpriced. The cost here is comparable with many of the better restaurants in Stowell Street but the standard in no where near.

3  Thank NorthCritic2015
Reviewed 16 March 2018

The Pavillion is silver service top class Chinese food but they do a 5 course set lunch for just £15 per person. From the crisp starched white table cloths to the smart and helpful waiting staff everything is perfect. I am vegetarian so I had hot and sour veg soup, salt and pepper crispy tofu, sweet and sour cashew nuts with rice and coffee with cream. The 4 meat eaters shared a variety of equally gorgeous dishes which included crab and sweetcorn soup, sizzling beef, lemon chicken, sweet and sour pork. We were all way too full for desert as the portions are very generous. They even ask if you would like left overs packaged to take home. My family are from the area and eat there regularly: they say it is always this good. It is very popular so you need to book.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

From the outside the restaurant doesnt look to be very endearing, but once inside you will be amazed by the authentic decor. Even better your taste buds will be blown away by the quality of the food served. We felt it was slightly expensive, but still enjoyed our meal.

1  Thank jacksgran21