“Stunning Cooking, Stunning Value”
Review of Nova

Nova
Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Heswall
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Nova is a family favourite of ours. Every time we’ve been the food is delicious and there are great choices from an interesting menu. Service is always friendly and attentive. All the meals are served with free appetisers, gorgeous homemade bread and little petit fours at the end. The menu changes regularly. Let me tell you the octopus starter is sensational and strongly recommended. We had quail last time we were there and that was lovely too. The wine list is good and varied. One small tip - a few more craft beers would make a good addition to the drinks menu. Go and enjoy.

2  Thank Elizabeth F

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Fabulous food (especially the octopus starter!), great service, nice atmosphere, very reasonable price. Excellent all round!

1  Thank Ben H
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Never been here before and finally arrived ,what an amazing experience.
Staff where soo attentive and very welcoming.
Food was out of this world. If you want an evening of splendid food great service this is the place.
Simply blows every other restaurant locally out the water bar one I can think of.
This place has to be on your wish list.
If you haven’t been you must go.

2  Thank soooperman1973
Reviewed 9 March 2018

I'm regularly asked for recommendations for a nice, reasonably priced restaurant on the Wirral and when I recommend Nova the usual response is "where is that!?"

I'm not totally surprised because you never see them advertising, but that's only because they probably don't need to. Those that know Nova will go back again and again and I've never seen it anything other than full.

Not full enough that the quality of service and food is anything other than brilliant though.

I booked a table at Nova for my wife's birthday, we went with two very good friends who live in Manchester and they commented that they'd happily do the 2 hour round trip to eat there again and again.

Food was great, service was great, atmosphere was great... as usual.

They've also started an early bird menu, 3 courses for less than £20 (as well as an amuse-bouche and breads/oils) there's no excuse to go to a gastro-pub for a quick bite to eat.

I'd definitely book though...

It probably sounds like I'm being paid for this post, but I'm not, seriously... give it a go.

1  Thank Alex B
Reviewed 25 February 2018

I have visited Nova on a couple of occasions throughout the years but never had I been for Sunday lunch. To be honest, I thought this place on opened in the evenings but this ignorance was clearly my loss as this was probably the best Sunday lunch that have ever had.

Prior to entering, I was under the assumption that a Sunday roast can only be cooked one way - roast some meat, Saute \ roast some veg, slap a Yorkshire pudding on and throw some gravy in a jug! I mean, this is how everyone else is doing it across Wirral and Liverpool.

Nova however have taken a different approach as shown in the pics. It was an amazing meal and outstanding value at £17 for 2 courses. It also comes with a complementary bread and canapes... Although they are not on the pic, the main course also comes with garlic and rosemary potatoes, a Yorkshire pudding and Jus which look just as good as the other pics and make this one filling meal. I did go in with the intention of having 3 courses but was so full by the end of it, I decided on coffee.

This place is truly a hidden gem of the Wirral dining scene and why it's not received more recognition that it clearly deserves is beyond me.

1  Thank Buffetslayer16