All reviews quy mill main building afternoon tea jacuzzi bath bar menu anglesey abbey lovely hotel four poster park and ride wedding party superior room no lift scones minute drive quiet location lovely room a lovely stay
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Highly recommended hotel just outside Cambridge. (The park and ride is less than 10 minutes drive from the hotel). Bedrooms are air condtioned; a real bonus this summer. Must recommend the barn rooms. Our room was adjacent to the Spa and pool and even though corporate events were on going we were not disturbed by noise.

Our executive room was clean and very adequate. The food was more than adequate. Highly recommended is the super breakfast with cold buffet and a great array of hot dishes on offer. We booked dinner, bed and breakfast. Therein is our only dissatisfaction. The table d'hote did not change over three days. Whilst the food was very good a daily change would have greatly enhanced the experience.

The staff were welcoming, polite and approachable. Will definitely visit again but on B & B basis and take advantage of either the fine dining or good selection of bar meals available.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Lauren S, Guest Relations Manager at Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us, and I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay! It is no surprise to me that you found our Breakfast super..we have earned the Visit England Breakfast award, which we are extremely proud of! We aim to offer a wide choice and a plated hot option-which I'm sure you'll agree is a rarity these days in Hotels! I can understand your point on the Restaurant menu- as an A la Carte offering, we do have a limited menu with a few set meals. We do offer a daily special on our Bar menu, but we are looking to include a daily special on the A la Carte- so thank you for this wise recommendation.
We would love to see you again for another visit soon, and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Had a good nights sleep here after a night at the races, then we were able to relax and unwind the following morning in the pool and spa area after.
Really nice hotel in a lovely setting with friendly staff. Breakfast was good, lots of choice and service was again quick and courteous.
Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, and for the wonderful comments. I am delighted that your stay was relaxed and that you felt conveniently placed for a day at the races! We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Went as a group of 8 ladies. Arrived early and had our picnic in the car park (!), which was fab. When we checked in it receptionists seemed a bit confused and not sure why but our rooms were split up. Bedroom was lovely, bed was very comfy. Reception organised taxis for us. We went on the woodland walk which was actually the two foot nettle walk! Public areas were lovely.
Breakfast was frustrating as we were put in a small room and forgotten about, had to ask 3 times to take our order for breakfast. I had eggs Benedict which was cooked to perfection.
Spa was basic we only used the pool and steam room. Weather was amazing but nowhere to sit outside which was a missed opportunity by the Spa.
Overall for the price I don’t think it was worth it we paid £200 for our room, I don’t think the level of service was 4*.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa S

Dear Lisa,
Thank you for your review detailing your recent stay with us, and I am sorry that not all aspects met with your expectation. I cannot comment on the room situation, as this may have been due to a guest preference, but I am sure that the receptionist accommodated this on the day as best she could. I am pleased to report that the nettle walk is now back to a woodland walk, as we have used the recent good weather to really focus on the outside areas, which are now much improved! I am sorry for the lapse in customer service that you encountered at breakfast- when large groups arrive gradually and not altogether this can sometimes cause a disruption to the service of these groups during busy periods. I am pleased, however, that you enjoyed the Eggs Benedict, and that you had a private room to enjoy with your group. I have certainly passed on your feedback about outside seating, and again, I am pleased to report this has been extended. I do believe we can provide a 4* experience, and I would love you to come back and give us the opportunity to do so. Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Our room was large enough to give space to walk around and the shower room was also a decent size. Lovely Spa/Gym facilities and a good size indoor pool with a sauna and steam room.
Breakfast was excellent as was dinner but on both occasions we found it annoying that the pleasant serving staff did not clear the plates after we had finished a course. We are not keen on eating with stacked used plates on our table. However this is a venue I would stay in again but not in the midgie season as after 6pm they start buzzing around.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Lauren S, Guest Relations Manager at Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Angela,

Thank you for leaving a review about your stay with us, and thank you for your comments on our amenities and facilities. I have passed on your feedback to our Food & Beverage team, I am sorry that you encountered this lapse in service standard when your plates were not promptly cleared. Thank you for highlighting this and we will ensure this is always a priority, especially during busy periods. We hope to see you again in the future for another stay.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Justin is THE Gin expert -try some of his mixes, you won’t be disappointed! The bar area really should be made into a gin bar with all that talent! Really wonderful staff and service. Went for husbands birthday and everyone was so good and kind, nothing was any trouble at all. Food was really good

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I will be sure to let Justin know of the wonderful comments, it is always nice to receive praise about our staff so this is gratefully received! We hope to see you again for another Gin and Tonic!