“Delicious meal”

Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The farm is a farm operating in the sector since 1989. The art of cheese making, passed down through generations guarantees uniqueness and authenticity of the products that can be bought and tasted.
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We came here on the last night of our holiday as a group of 10 friends. We had no problem booking a table for the same evening which was surprising as the restaurant very quickly filled up after our arrival. The staff were so welcoming and friendly, and half our group were vegetarian which they happily accommodated despite the set menu including a meat course. We were all so full of delicious food by the end - antipasti, followed by warm ricotta, then pasta, followed by meat / vegetarian lasagne and veg for the vegetarians, followed by fresh cherries, limoncello or espresso for €18 each! Fantastic value, fresh homemade authentic food and wonderful service throughout. Particular thanks to the lovely waiter who brought us delicious cannoli and helped us navigate the menu in English.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Went there last week with my partner and friends. Friendly staff with lots of options for food, including home produced. Would definitely recommend and would go again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had the best meal at La Masseria. The food was authentic, local and delicious. We felt like we were the only tourists, which was also really nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Highly recommend the antipasti platter and pasta dishes. If you are looking for authentic cuisine, this is a must.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Our hotel suggest to go there to eat local food. Amazing fresh pasta, amazing fresh ricotta cheese, the local antipasti was very tasty but the Caponata was the most tasty dish.
Thank you my friend Pepe you are my favorite Italian person.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Vroomidis
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I've been here a few times now. It is my favourite place to take anyone that comes to stay with us. There are no frills here but nothing is left wanting either. This place is a working farm, who make all of their own cheese (you will see it being produced in the video on a loop on their tv) and serve the best Scacce (my opinion) in the whole Ragusa province. Their cannoli are also incredibly delicate, without being fragile, with the perfect crunch. During the winter they are only open at weekends but I believe that will change when the summer comes around.

The dishes are not too large, which I can find in some places in Italy and then I'm left feeling embarrassed that I haven't eaten all the wonderful food. Here, the portion sizes are good but not massive, so you can order more if you are particularly hungry.

The staff are kind and take time to explain everything to you, guiding you on which dishes to try, and hoe much to order. Al this comes at a very low price, even for Sicily, and you will certainly leave with a smile on your face.

Date of visit: October 2016