“Family vacation”
35 Porpoise Place
Aerial view showing location of home Living area with gorgeous views
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
35 Porpoise Place
Aerial view showing location of home
Living area with gorgeous views
Living area has comfortable seating
Dining area
Kitchen with extra seating at bar
Kitchen fully equipped for basic meal preparation
Master bedroom
Master bath
Upper oceanside deck off living area
Bedroom 2 with two double beds
Bedroom 3 with queen bed
Bedroom 4 with 2 twin beds & balcony access
Bedroom 5 with 2 twins
Computer with printer & high speed internet access
View from lower deck
Ocean side of home
Beach in front of home
Newly expanded deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Average - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

Tamara H
“What a disaster, absolutely the worst! Never never again.”
Reviewed 22 August 2018 for a stay in July 2018
people found this review helpful

CB Coastline is the absolute WORST! Our 5-Bedroom ocean front vacation rental unit experienced rain intrusion through all 5 French doors and sliders on the ocean facing side. Our carpets became soaked, the downstairs bedroom ceilings began to leak and drywall tape was hanging from the ceiling. We used every available towel we had at our disposal to sop up the mess. We were evicted only 3 days into our vacation on July 24th, 2018.

When we notified CB Coastline of this debacle, "D" the maintenance manager arrived at our rental property with “guns-a-blazing” – she was brazen, had absolutely NO customer service skills and only served to escalate an already tense situation. We thought she was just coming to deliver towels. We were willing to put up with the inconvenience, but she accused us of refusing to leave. She whipped out our contract from her back pocket and said we could pack up and leave – they were closing up the unit (with the storm shutters) and they would pro-rate our fee. Everybody at CB Coastline wanted to place blame on everybody else, claiming they knew nothing about these problems previously – even though it was painfully and embarrassingly evident that the ceilings in three of the bedrooms had been previously patched, repaired and covered up. The carpets had black mold/mildew at the door edges. The master bedroom carpet was damp the day we arrived. It was visibly clear that the upstairs hardwood floors on the ocean facing side were water damaged from months if not years of water intrusion. A previous Trip Advisor review of July 3rd 2018 outlined the same exact situation that we encountered. It was not a new problem. CB Coastline was buying time (and happily accepting rental income) until the next major rain - unfortunately, we were the duped victims at the time.
We were made to feel that this was our problem and we were told to leave, because the owner wanted to start repairs immediately. (Yeah, right). We were only 3 days into our vacation. Initially, CB Coastline (the maintenance mgr) did not offer up any assistance to locate another comparable property on the island even though we asked.
Finally, they agreed to assist us, and they located a unit across a busy street. The unit we originally rented from CB Coastline was a 5-bedroom ocean front. We had 3 young grandchildren in our party. It was not acceptable, nor was it comparable. Another ocean front unit was offered up – when we went to inspect it, it was disgustingly dank, dark and smelled of mildew. One of the bedrooms was located on the garage street level and had no access to the main house – one could only access the main house by exiting through the bedroom door to the outside, and then up around to the house’s main door. Again, it was not acceptable or comparable for the 3 young children (not to mention the adults) in our party. It was small, old, outdated and disgusting. But it was CHEAPER - a nice perk for CB Coastline.
So, we took it upon ourselves to locate another vacation rental unit. We called seven realtors on Topsail Island and finally located two suitable properties that we felt our group could move into. We had originally rented a 5-bedroom ocean front unit from CB Coastline – we compromised by locating a 5-Bedroom, B-lot unit, but CB Coastline would not agree to pay for it, so we had to settle for another unit that we located which was a 4-Bedroom, B Lot unit. Needless to say – we spent one entire day of our vacation locating, packing and hastily re-moving into an acceptable unit (listed by Treasure Realty). At least it was clean and dry. Our three grandchildren were required to sleep in the same bed with their parents for the remaining 4 nights of our vacation.
In the 23 years we have been vacationing at Topsail, we have never experienced such a fiasco! This property should have NEVER been listed for rental. The blame-game was played out to its fullest. CB Coastline pretended not to know anything about this property’s water issues. Shame, shame on you! We were made to feel like we were unreasonable – even though we took time from our vacation, located the new property ourselves, and settled for a much lesser unit, a B-lot with one less bedroom. CB Coastline made minimal efforts to go to bat for us in order to remedy this situation. We were refunded a measly $430 – the difference between the original unit and the smaller B-lot unit we found. They were not out a single penny. No apologies were extended, and no extra efforts were made to make right the situation. We were not compensated for the inconvenience, or the vacation time we lost. We ended up with a smaller unit with fewer bedrooms, a B-lot view, and a greater distance to walk to the beach.
As an aside, 35 Porpoise Place was not clean, the master bedroom had not been vacuumed, the carpet was in need of a heavy scrubbing, and there was kitty litter scattered all throughout the master bedroom closet. The Jacuzzi spewed forth black debris and gunk – it was not safe or usable. Upon arrival, the place reeked of air freshener; we spent time cleaning the dried spills down the front of the kitchen cabinets and re-wiping the counter tops as they were obviously cleaned with a dirty cloth that smeared a cloudy haze over everything. A deck stair was loose and unsafe. Again, a previous online review addressed this same exact deck stair – it was obviously not repaired. Again, one can only assume that CB Coastline has been made aware of multiple issues (some unsafe) that they prefer not to address and turn a blind eye to. There were, what appeared to be, old blood stains on a twin comforter in the street side downstairs bedroom. Finally, dirty bath mats were rolled up and left in the bathrooms. We were required to shake them out and wash them.
We will never rent from CB Coastline again. What a mess! We will use Century 21.

Date of stay: July 2018
Sean D
“Never again”
Reviewed 4 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

I have been renting beach houses on Topsail for the past 10 years and my first experience with Coastline Realty. I rented a beach front property on North Topsail.

I opted for the $55 damage insurance package rather than the $500 refundable deposit.

Upon arrival, the A/C on the main floor didn't work well. It took 2 calls and attempts to get it fixed. Meanwhile, one in my party walked down the steps of the 3rd floor deck and a board popped off causing them to fall. I made another call and it was repaired. When opening the sliding door a bedroom to the deck, the door handle popped off! Due to the fact that family was arriving and with me hosting, I neglected to report it.

We had rain on Tuesday. All three top floor sliding doors leaked. We put towels down to catch the water. Water had leaked from the 3rd floor into a second floor bedroom where there was significant water damage on the ceiling. The storm also shorted power to a couple rooms and the carport. No breaker had been thrown. Called in the electrical problem but didn’t mention the leaky doors or ceiling.

Wednesday morning the lawn Company ran over my brand new red-encased steal dog tether that was in plain sight. My brother-in-law volunteered and removed the destroyed cable from the blade. The lawn guy didn't report it and made no attempt to apologize or replace the cable.

Thursday, remember the staircase with the board that popped off? The hand railing popped completely off! My handyman brother-in-law fixed it… I made no call but advised everyone not to use those stairs anymore.

Check-out. Coastline's office was really busy checking people out. The friendly girl behind the counter was clearly very busy when she asked me if I had anything to report. My list was so long that I asked is there someone I can talk to later so that I wasn't holding up the line of others who wanted to check-out. She handed me instructions on how to write a review on Google and Trip Adviser, so here I am...

Sunday after check-out, I get an email from Coastline's maintenance saying that I needed to fill out the insurance form for the broken sliding door handle (mentioned above) and for some sort of spray tan stains in a bathroom, which no one in my party used any and where there no visible stains that I could see when I walked through the house before we left. I protested to no avail. The lease suggests, if you don't report it... you did it. Shame on me for not reporting every single thing. Further, when I brought up all the other issues there was no response except that the lawn company is contracted directly by the homeowner and Coastline takes no responsibility for the destroyed dog lead!

At prime season rates after taxes and fees of $4,850, I don't think I should have to worry about loose door handles, leaky doors and ceilings, unstable staircases, and my property being damaged then get nickel and dimed for minor maintenance issues that I didn't cause!

As I mentioned before Topsail has become a family reunion tradition for a decade and we all love the island and the beach. It remains a beloved annual family event... it just won't include Coastline ever again.

Date of stay: June 2018
WaltersMo...
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Roaches Everywhere!”
Reviewed 26 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

This was our first time at 35 Porpoise Place, but we have been renting through CB Coastline for years. The rental company is consistently horrible to work with and has very little concern with your happiness after booking.

The house itself is lovely. Upon check-in the house was really not as clean as I would like, especially the garbage area which pulls out from the kitchen counter.
The bottom was filthy as well as the bottom of the dishwasher. Strangely, this house did not have a garbage disposal so a lot of food probably fell to the bottom of the dishwasher and under the garbage cans, which may have contributed to the roaches. Also, the location and the beach are quite nice, however, just a few houses down, on the far north end, there are condemned properties that are in total disarray and falling into the ocean...which may contribute to our only major problem with this rental. ROACHES. In all of my years of vacationing in North Carolina, I have never had issues like this. The first night in the house I spotted two in the living room. This was on Saturday, by Sunday, I saw several more. In my bathroom on the lower level they were crawling into the baseboards.

The rental company did send out pest control on Monday to spray the house, but by then the damage in our eyes was done. I continued to find live and now dead roaches throughout the remainder of our trip all over the house and outside. I was uncomfortable the entire week with thoughts roaches and was quite concerned that they would travel back home in our luggage and vehicle. I did not even take my luggage into my house until it was shaken out and thoroughly cleaned.

Upon check-out, I was asked if I enjoyed my stay and again I mentioned the roaches....there was no concern or apology, which was par for the course in dealing with the rental agency. I will not be returning to this particular house nor using CB Coastline again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Your age range 35-49
Management Response
29 May 2018
We are so sorry about this bug issue at this house. All of our homes are under a pest control contract that gets sprayed either monthly or quarterly based on each owners preference. When we have large rains as we did during this time, we will experience more pest issues especially ants as they have to come out of the ground. You have stayed with our company for 4 years previous to this and never had a pest issue. We quickly had it sprayed again for you to resolve the problem. We are so sorry this happened and hope you understand that we acted very quickly. When you spoke to the Pest Control Technician he did explain to you they were not basic roaches they were Palmetto bugs that thrive in humid regions. Again we are sorry no matter what type of bug they are and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again as we have done so well in the past years. We appreciate your business.
Management - Coastline Realty
joanner17...
Toledo, Ohio
“Family vacation”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

Great location with beautiful views of the ocean and sunset over the marshes as promised. The house was in great shape with no evidence of being pet friendly. Would definitely come back but we loved the area so much we want a bigger place and bring more family.

Date of stay: August 2017
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.