“wonderful experience”

and 1 more site!
Linden Tree Retreat & Ranch
Reviewed 15 May 2015

We went to the ranch for a few days in May and it was a wonderful experience. Bruce and his team manage to create a very cosy and magical atmosphere. I particularly enjoyed the very positive energy of Karla who took us on a hike through the woods to the Secret Cave. A very special moment for us.
Great food, great activities, great atmospere.
I highly recommend this place to all nature and horse lovers.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank liesbetm2015

Reviewed 18 February 2015

We are weary; all of humankind is such but many aren't even aware that they are, I knew I was. In the space of 88 days I was determined to experience as much as Croatia had to offer - and while admittedly I wasn't planning on venturing into the hinterlands of central Croatia when I left the United States when the opportunity came up to do so I went. You don't expect to find much 'comfort' let alone luxury at a mountain property, let alone on a horse ranch in the protected UNESCO wilderness of the Velebit mountains - yet my previous Dalmatian hosts could learn a great deal from the Yerkovich's at Linden Tree Retreat and Ranch in Velika Plana (about 20 minutes outside of Gospic). As a writer I thrive in solitude. I need to observe, to recalibrate, and to breathe in order to be creative and productive. A warm fire was in the enameled wood stove in my chalet (insulated with sheep's wool) on my arrival, thick flannel bed linens and and a feather bed insured restful sleep. Their dog Medo became a companion and helped divert my attention from a heart needing a little mending. A routine of sustenance developed easily with the sound of a gurgling creek, snow gently falling, the crackle of the fire and birdsong as the soundtrack. No TV, no radio, no YouTube or distraction from anything but finding my centre, and my voice. The entire property is pristine in its cleanliness and beauty. Intimate at any time (with accommodations for no more than 30) but I was the only visitor for three weeks - as an artist nothing could be more important. HIGHLY recommended no matter what you are seeking (outside of the frivolity we outgrow in our 20s).

Room Tip: I stayed in the Dancing Moon Chalet - a self catering accommodation for 4. It was absolutely perfect...
Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Courtesan61
Reviewed 5 November 2014

Reading other people's reviews, I can only agree with them. I went there with my seven year old daughter and everything was just amazing. The place we stayed at was magical, the beauty of the surroundings just breathtaking and waking up to see the horses riding freely from the window was fabulous. My daughter loved the kittens and the horses. I had never been horse riding before and was really scared, but one can but feel safe in this place and I really enjoyed the rides through the forest and crossing rivers, it was totally magical for me. Everyone was extremely kind to us. The food that Megie prepared was so delicious and prepared with love, and I since miss her amazing coffee and freshly baked bread. An unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandra C
Reviewed 3 November 2014

My husband & I spent an amazing week at the ranch in August this year. Bruce & Maggie are both wonderful people, who made our stay very special. Bruce is great with the horses, helped us chose horses to suit our ability perfectly & always made sure that we were happy whilst out riding, going at the pace of the least experienced person. Maggie's attention to detail is second to none, with gorgeously tasting & presented food & I think that she's probably also responsible for the finishing touches in the rooms - chocolates on pillows, bathrobes & slippers, toiletries provided .... & even a jet shower to ease aching muscles. If you think you'll be slumbing it, you're in for a wonderful surprise :-) Thanks very much for the rest of the team too, who were all instrumental in making our time so enjoyable. Then there's the horses ! What can I say - all adorable, all with their own unique characters which we came to know over the week & provided us with many a laugh, especially Luna lol And I will never forget my wonderful girl Ustarte, who I could have easily taken home with me & her lovely mother Donna :-) Would we go back ? 100% !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GayleAV109
Reviewed 27 September 2014

Every now and then we experience a sensation that makes us feel at home, a feeling of belonging, and that is just the feeling you get upon arriving to Linden. The combination of pristine wilderness, combined with the beauty of horses, topped with a magnificant staff that heralds hospitaity and experience is all thats awaits you. WHEN YOU FEEL AS IF A LITTLE MAGIC IS NEEDED IN YOUR LIFE TO RECHARGE AND FILL YOUR INNER BATTERIES, THINK LINDEN RETREAT. A place where finding yourself means connecting with the source of your being, nature.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Romana S

Been to Linden Tree Retreat & Ranch? Share your experiences!