Lowest prices for your stay
US$195
SAVE US$7
Hotels.com
US$195
SAVE US$7
eDreamsUS$202
CheapTicketsUS$195
TravelocityUS$195
All reviews bus stop busy road rural area hang gliders run by a family hotel room nice hotel basic room breakfast was amazing booked this hotel rail station min walk cows switzerland interlaken mountains chalet
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2021 via mobile

I had visited previously with my partner, but decided to visit alone this time.

I was on the opposite side of the building (facing the street) this time and it makes a huge difference. The street facing rooms are outdated and not as cozy as the others. Although everything was clean, it just gives off a different vibe.

I felt less welcome this time, travelling alone, than when I was with my partner.

The rustic 5 course dinner was really amazing and I enjoyed every part of it. Unfortunately, I can't say the same of the menu I had the next day - noodles with no flavour and such a disappointment after the night before. The wine on the other hand - delicious!

The spa treatments, however, were amazing. The lovely woman working in the spa even remembered me from the last time I was there. The massage was spectacular.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 December 2020 via mobile

As a Swiss that used to travel a lot around the world as a hobby pre Covid .... I have super low expectations on value for money in Switzerland as the Swiss hotels often are really just average, dated and tourist rip-offs.
The Salzano is clearly dated and not sure about the design idea. It’s a rustic style place which is fine. But clearly lacks investment. The beds are comfortable and if you are looking for a good night sleep then this is a good easy place OUTSIDE Interlaken to reach. The employees are just FANTASTIC. Super welcoming. Super nice. That is the real gem here for Salzano. They have super friendly staff.l throughout the hotel.
The breakfast is ok. I have seen better and I in Covid times I am anyway not a big fan of hotel buffets. The Birchermuesli was a shame. Lol. Some sticky oatmeal with no taste. The dinner the night before was super creative (restaurants closed five Covid so we took the hotel option). We had a 5 course menu. Super creative. But at times the look was better than the taste. For the price paid it was maybe at the upper end of price. But the creativity was outstanding. The SPA.... it’s a set of saunas. That is it. Naked. Mixed. No real Covid concept. And I really don’t enjoy being naked mixed. Incl the changing room. It’s fresh and looks renovated. But I think the title spa would need to include at least a small pool or hot tub or so.

All in all the typical affair. It is well meant and thought but it is after all Switzerland and you just pay a lot for average. Not just at Salzano. But with covid I start to rediscover Switzerland and overall think that if you just want to stay the night there are cheaper options in the actual town because the extra thrills for the extra money you are not really getting. And for the money we paid clearly below expectations.

But If you don’t care and want to be serviced well.... I say it one more time: lovely staff.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GleniOnTour
Reviewed 20 December 2020

A traditional family hotel (you have to like wooden chalet sytle...but probably you do if you go in this area!) on the outskirts of Interlaken. Simple but nice pretty large room, comfortable, clean and quiet. Goof wifi, No water boiler in the room which might be the only little thing missing, but overall an excellent 3 stars hotel. Good wifi, free parking. The adjacent spa is very modern and very nice. They obviously invested quite a lot in setting up the whole thing and it shows. A real bonus at this level. Very friendly and efficient service. Classical breakfast made of excellent products. I was initially a bit skeptical about the rates of this hotel but, given what is included, it is eventually a very good deal and largely worth the price. On top of this the location is good for exploring the adjacent Bernese alps. Would return.

Date of stay: December 2020
Sonja Salzano, Geschäftsführer at SALZANO Hotel - Spa - Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2020

Dear Jean M

Thank you so much for your lovely review. :-) It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your time here in our Hotel.
It would be great welcoming you here again in the future. Until then we wish you all the very best.

Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

Thank you very much for this amazing experience. professional and friendly staff, cozy rooms with a wonderful view, amazing SPA (with a view) and the most delicious food in the restaurant. Would come again anytime. See you again soon!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sonja Salzano, Geschäftsführer at SALZANO Hotel - Spa - Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2020

Dear LFoix

Thank you so much for the lovely words. We are already looking forward hosting you again :-)

All the best until then.

Reviewed 15 September 2020

I liked how friendly the staff was, however, I did not like the noise from the restaurant and from the street. The shower was pretty narrow and an average-sized person cannot easily turn.

This hotel is outside of Interlaken, which may be positive or negative. For me, it was positive. I was satisfied with the breakfast - some people might expect more for the hotel room paid.

Room tip: Get a room on the back-side of the hotel (away from the street)
Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank LukiLukeGO

Dear LukiLukeGO

Thank you very much for your review, it was a pleasure welcoming you here.
It would be a pleasure welcoming you here again and we wish you all the very best till then.