BIG4 Cairns Crystal Cascades Holiday Park
TripAdvisor
All reviewscamp kitchengreat parksausage sizzleclean parkamenities blockspotless amenitiesdump pointshopping centresurrounded by mountainscrystal cascades holiday parkvan siteswalking trackensuite sitepowered sitegrey nomadsshort drivekuranda train
Reviewed 15 January 2018

After a warm welcome from the super friendly staff, I was helped into my caravan spot by one of the grounds men. I travel on my own, so this was a blessing for me.
The location of this park is breathtakingly beautiful, peaceful and quite.
The amenities were spotless and modern, I have my own ensuite on board and rarely use park amenities, I certainly did here. There are walking tracks, the river nearby, and Crystal Cascades less than 5 minutes drive. Shopping centre also close by.
The city and coast are about 15-20 drive, but because the park is away from the coast, no sandflies!

The staff were most helpful in arranging a trip on the sky train and the railway back. I strongly suggest going Gold Class on the train, just brilliant.

They also arranged a day to the Great Barrier outer reef, did some snorkelling etc.

The grounds are kept in an immaculate condition, there are caravan sites, and cabins, also a lovely pool and spa.

I would be back in a heartbeat if I was visiting again, simply superb!

Room Tip: It’s a caravan and cabins holiday park, every spot is brilliant
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank TomboPerth
Jenine D, Owner at BIG4 Cairns Crystal Cascades Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Hi Tomboperth.
Thank you for the wonderful review on our beautiful park. We are so pleased we were part of making your trip a memorable one. We do absolutely agree we are very lucky with our beautiful location, and no sand flies. The trip to Kuranda and also The Great Barrier Reef are certainly spectacular. Thanks again Tom and hope to see you again in your travels. Regards, Jenine.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

We travelled from the Sunshine Coast to Cairns for a family holiday. Looking at WikiCamps, it seems options were limited in the Cairns area, until we came across Cairns Crystal Cascades Holiday Park. Upon checking in we knew we had made the right choice. Friendly customer service and very helpful, we chose which site we wanted, the park, is very well set out, the best amenities block we have seen, even has fresh flowers in them. The park is surrounded by misty mountains, and short walks to local creeks and swimming holes. Felt totally safe and secure in this caravan park. We have travelled most of Queensland and Northern NSW and this would have to be by far the best Park we have stayed in.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Hello Mark H.
Thank you for taking the time to review our beautiful park. It certainly sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very spoilt by being in a great part of Far North Queensland with the beautiful backdrop to enjoy daily. Thanks again for the rave review and hopefully see you again in your travels. Regards, Jenine.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Stayed in one of the Birdwings with my family for 5 nights late December 2017. The cabin is clean but everything is very basic, space is cramp inside & with only 1 toilet to share. There are 3 split aircon units in the cabin (1 upstairs & 1 in each of the 2 rooms) However, all three compressor units are mounted right outside the main bedroom window at the back of the cabin which was noisy & irritating especially at night. The "FREE WIFI" ticked on their website is misleading. It is not really free. All you're allow for is 150 mb per day which I think was a bit of a joke consider what we paid for for the nightly tariff during the peak holiday period. If you want more data you have to pay for it but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The signal is really poor, it keeps dropping out & you keep having to login again & again & again which was very frustrating.

The ground and facility is well kept & clean. The pool is very tiny & doesn't look inviting so my family didn't use at all. The Hotel location is about 15 km or 25 minutes drive from Cairns City which is a bit inconvenient for us especially if you're thinking of doing lots of reefs & island tours with your family. Otherwise, it's a quiet & relaxing spot.

Room Tip: If you only have a few days in Cairns, Do your family & yourself a favor, Stay somewhere near the City.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Our second stay this year in this happy family park. It finished up being 9 weeks, at the end of the Grey Nomad season, to pleasant to leave. October into November is some of the best weather in Cairns and with a beautiful pool to enjoy and landscaped gardens, relaxing at it's best

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Jenine D, Owner at BIG4 Cairns Crystal Cascades Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Hi TonyandGloria.
Thank you for taking the time to review our park. Sop happy you enjoyed your stay again. Being out of peek season, I agree it is nice and relaxing for every one to enjoy the surrounding atmosphere. Hope to see you again,
Jenine.

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Beautiful clean park with friendly helpful staff. At this time of year there were a lot of option for camping. Nearly every site is nice and grassy with a cement slab. Toilets and kitchen areas were exceptionally clean and beautiful. Thanks for looking after us.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Darryl H.
Thanks for staying with us at Crystal Cascades. It is a beautiful time of year to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully see you again soon. Regards, Jenine.