“Mothers Day Treat”

Pitcrocknie Restaurant & Coffee House
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Alyth
Price range: US$4 - US$33
Description: We are located on the B954 approximately 1 mile North of the roundabout on the outskirts of Alyth. We offer a wide variety on our lunch menu - there are always daily specials too. We bake all kinds of cakes and scones and serve them with our homemade jams. All our ingredients are locally sourced which brings the heart of the community into the restaurant. Why not while away a few hours in a comfortable relaxed and friendly atmosphere? Our baristas will serve you some delicious freshly ground coffee and there is a wide selection of speciality teas also available. We provide end of the week evening meals and have a wide variety of locally sourced quality fare so if it’s some fish on Friday or a juicy steak on Saturday we serve an attractive traditional menu full of fresh Perthshire produce. Alternatively, give yourself a Sunday Treat with one of our most popular High Teas or a selection from the Carvery, you can be assured of a warm welcome & delicious fare in a beautiful location
Reviewed 11 April 2018

My wife and I treated my Mother to the Mothers Day High Tea at Pitcrocknie. On arrival we were all given a courtesy glass of Prosecco which was a nice touch. The main course was excellent. My Mother and I choose the Haddock and Chips which was served with an excellent salad and homemade tartare sauce. My wife choose the steak pie which she said was very tender and melted in the mouth, no wobbly bits like she normally manages to find. The scones and cakes were also very nice and all homemade on the premises. The waiters although very busy that day managed to attend to our needs and fill our cups with tea when required. All in all a nice experience with lovely views from the restaurant over the golf course.

1  Thank Euan G

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Dropped in for lunch with my mum and daughter today. Received a lovely welcome and this continued throughout the afternoon. I ordered Cheese Souffle which you don't often see on menus. It was to die for. The meals my mum and daughter had were also fab and kids eat for £1.00 - you cant beat that!! Great value, beautiful surroundings and brilliantly attentive staff. We will be back.

1  Thank ShonaT325
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Visited Pitcrocknie on Easter Sunday with family and we had the High Tea. Food was excellent and staff were very welcoming and very helpful but not intrusive. Will definitely be going back. Well worth a visit.

2  Thank olivecoventry
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended. Food was excellent with very generous portions. Staff are very friendly and can’t do enough to help.

Will definitely be back.

1  Thank Gcs1903
Pitcrocknie C, Owner at Pitcrocknie Restaurant & Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Your review is very much appreciated, we are delighted that you left happy & will be delighted to see you in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I visited on Saturday lunchtime and was immediately greeted by a friendly member of staff. My view was picturesque as I tucked into my delish soup and sandwich combo. Although almost full I had enough room to try an apple and cinnamon scone,which was freshly baked and very tasty. I was impressed the owner took the time to enquire if I was enjoying my lunch. Very reasonably priced too, I'll certainly be back.

2  Thank KGBviews