All reviews hornbill restaurant orang asli village lake view swimming pool boat ride bamboo rafting salt lick day tour night walk ala carte local food no alcohol day bed rooms are nice buffet style team building activities
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2020 via mobile

Just like the previous commenter, I was asked to cancel but nowhere in the message was an offer made for a full refund. I do not want to reschedule, I want a refund.

And yesterday I proceeded to make a cancellation with the option of "waiving fees" on Booking app, however there is no reply after 24 hours.

And today I tried again to proceed with cancellation with the same option, but there no longer is a choice to waive fees ie get full refund anymore.

So yes, I agree with the previous commenter, this is an unethical property owner out to fleece people during this difficult time.

Kindly reply to my query on Booking app if this is not your intention.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ABO_travelling
Reviewed 3 July 2020

I am disappointed in your response because of your response time, your commitment to refund and failure to do so and the ethics to keep our money not having for filled the booking.

Our booking for the 13th-15th of April was not able to go ahead due to your closure. On the 27th of April your management committed to a refund, ‘we will definitely process with your refund.’

On the 25th June a letter was received, ‘truly sorry as no refunds is allowed by the management at this time. However, rest assured that your money will not be forfeited, as we do allow for reservations to be rescheduled to a future date.’

I have several problems with this letter. Firstly, receiving it in June, way after MCO has finished. The reputation of your establishment and customer relationship service should be maintained at this time and 2 months is not acceptable. Secondly, perhaps most shockingly, is the retraction of your commitment to refund, which damages your reputation. The commitment to refund came from your management. Thirdly, I am not rest assured that my money will not be forfeited. We’re leaving Maylaysia and it’s not possible to rebook. Lastly, upon contacting you on 26th June about this weekend (4th July) before we leave I still haven’t had a response. Therefore I have little faith in your customer service.

I would appreciate an adequate resolution on this today. The commitment to your email on the 27th April is expected.

Date of stay: April 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ninaf539
Reviewed 5 April 2020

Excellent service by Belum Rainforest Resort personnel. Would like to particularly thank Mr. Chandra for his warm hospitality and friendly gestures. Hope to be there again one day. Well done to the staff there. Keep up the good work! Thanks.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2020

The staff was very helpful, beautiful room and great restaurant. The swimming pool gives you a nice cooling down with a beautiful view. We had the all inclusive option, which was really great. We enjoyed local Malay food and drinks. We had an interesting excursion in the rainforest, which was a little bit shortened due to the virus, but still very interesting and relaxed. Due to the corona crisis we had to leave the country, but next time we certainly would visit the Resort again.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 10 March 2020

Spend two nights with friends at this beautiful - away from it all retreat. The staff gave us excellent services which one gets from a 5 star establishment. One wonders why is there a need to travel thousand of miles to far away places when such beautiful retreat can be found locally. A place where you definitely get value for money. We had dinner on the top deck of the houseboat attended personally by the head chef. Come around full moon and you can watch the moon rising behind the cloud. In the afternoon one take a dip at the icy cool waterfall. In the meantime our fishy friends will tickle your feet nibbling at the dead skin.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Nur Kalby Bt Mohd Nor, Guest Services / Front Office at Belum Rainforest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2020

Dear Mr Paul Ong,

Wow, you've given us a perfect score! Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and comments on your recent stay. I'm sure our entire resort staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Also, I am glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one, especially during the full moon occasion. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.