“Short on staff? ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We planned to eat at the Chowder House after hiking all morning. When we arrived mid afternoon and found a seat quickly. A couple who had been seated decided to leave & gave us their table (this might have been a sign!). 3 tables were ahead of us to order but there was nobody to take the order.

After 30 minutes someone started to clear tables but a waitress did not appear. We decided to leave. The food looked great and they also have a busy take out counter.

I am sure our experience was isolated- Maybe another time they will have more staff & we can enjoy their famous Chowder.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Excellent haddock burger, very casual diner with great atmosphere and views that will take your breath away. Service was great, friendly people as with all locations in Nova Scotia! So glad I found this lovely spot.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch while driving Cabot Trail. My lobster club sandwich was very good but my husband's fried haddock was very dry and overlooked. The restaurant was very hot. On the bright side the location is very pretty, out on the point with lots of picnic tables around and a little lighthouse nearby.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

My wife had halibut and I had seafood platter. Everything was good and the scallops were the best I have ever had. Great views while eating.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

A hut by the sea, packed because the food is so good. Seafood chowder was piping hot, chock full of fish and shellfish and the lobster sandwich was huge. Go there.