“Exciting one-day excursion”

Day Trip to Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route from Nagoya
More Info
US$272.95*
and up
2-Day Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route, Shirakawago and Hida-Takayama Bus Tour from...
Nonthaburi
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Exciting one-day excursion”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Impressive snow wall. Amazing rides of cable car, tunnel bus and over-the-dam walkway make my day. This is a great scenic Japan Alpine route.

1 Thank dendadenadaniedd

Kyoto, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Especially in April, it is worth to visit! You would love this place. Remember bring warm clothes with you! From a cable to Murodo, it costs more than 4000 yen for a round trip. You can also stay up there and go skiing even in April!

1 Thank Masako1215
Bandung, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I visited Tateyama kurobe alpine road on April 17, 2013. A visit is a truly amazing and worth a visit. The first of these Tateyama Bijodaira to ride the cable car, and from there we will be replaced by bus to Murodo runs approximately 1 hour, here we will melewari cliff snow amazingly beautiful with a height of 10 meters.

1 Thank Tjang
Tokyo, Japan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Challenging trip in November”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I always wanted to do this trip but I missed out making the trip in summer when you can walk in between the thick, high snow. November is the closing date for the Tateyama Alpine Kurobe route and will open again only in late April.

I travelled from Kyoto by Shinkansen to Kanazawa. In Kanazawa, I took a tourist bus and visited some recommended spots. Late in the afternoon, I took Shinkansen to Toyama to stay for a night. When I reached Toyama, I went to the local train station to check on the schedule to Tateyama station. I was told that due to weather conditions (snow), the local train has stopped running for days. I was praying hard that the local train will operate on the following day. I was so happy that the train did operate from Toyama to Tateyama the following day when I checked at the Toyama station at 8am. It took me an hour by local train to reach Tateyama. Due to off peak season, the baggage delivery service has been stopped so I carried the baggage on my own.

In Tateyama station, I was told that the cable car service has stopped but the bus service was available. I bought the route passage until Shinano Omachi for about 18K yen. The view of thick snow was beautiful. The amazing different types of cable cars are great. When I reached Kurobe Dam, I had to drag my baggage through the slippery snow to cross to the other side for the bus. It wasn't easy but spectacular view. Do not miss the views by climbing to the Kurobe Dam view point which is only few hundred steps. Do not carry your bag. I was lucky, the staff at the Kurobe Dam kept my bag in their office. Finally, the whole route was over and I reached Shinano Omaichi where I got on the train to Matsumoto. When I reached Matsumoto, it was about 4:30pm. I got a cab to Matsumoto castle to take pictures and then rushed back to bus terminal for my bus at 5:30pm as I needed to be back to Tokyo for the following flight.

Overall, the Tateyama Alpine Kurobe Route is great but expensive and tough in November. Recommend to do this trip in summer.

Visited November 2012
18 Thank vwell_1999
Toyama, Japan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice views and relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Beatiful place to visit for those who loves outdoor and nature. Multitransport route, very comfortable to move from one sight to another. Quite expensive though.
Best time for visit is late September, so that you can see the colors of "momiji".

5 Thank sostrovok