“Interesting Rock Formation In A Poor Setting”
Review of Hashigui Rock

Hashigui Rock
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 21 December 2016

The Hashigui-iwa rock formation on the water front of Kushimoto is very interesting and unlike any other formation. It juts out into the bay pointing to Oshima lsand , the southern most point of Hoshu , the main island of Japan.The rocks are very intersting and a great tourist place but the shoreline where the rocks are has some factories and a boat shed and ramp and the beach area to the west 9s tnot that attractive as well.The rating of very good refers to the rocks themsleves.

All reviews
"bridge"
"sea"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Located just about a 10 minutes drive away from the lovely sandy beach of Shirahama. You can walk along the rock formations during low tide and is supposedly a very nice venue to capture the sunset. Its a popular rest stop amongst the locals to take in the beautiful scenery. Lots of parking space, clean toilets and a couple of nice eateries to choose from.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

I have ever been Osaka with my family in August 2016. I took this picture in Osaka Wakayama. This beautiful landscape is called Hashigui-iwa(橋杭岩). When I arrived there, I were shocked because of limpid water, the solemn of rocks, and the sky. Hashigui-iwa has amazing story. However, the story you can search in the internet, so I do not mark it here. Moreover, I enjoyed strolling near the sea, and this is a good chance to relax myself. If I feel tired, I also can sit down beside the sea. There are some chairs we can rest, and one shop which has lots of souvenirs. Except of taking photo crazily, I especially wanted to play water. In this case, I have done a stupid thing. When I stood near the sea, one child bumped me incaution. And then I fell down, my trousers were wet. All people looked at me. I felt very embarrass. Although this situation happened, I also want to go there again. I hope this sharing enable to make you interested in Hashigui-iwa.

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Very easy to reach, free huge parking lot, nice shop with various food and souvenir.

Recommend to try Arida orange, not expensive.

1  Thank Wichuta R
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 March 2016

Interesting natural rock formation, located a couple of km NE of Kushimoto, on National Highway 42 on the way to Katsuura. Fascinating legend of how the rocks came to be, lined up straight and stretching 850 metres towards Oshima Island. It is a designated national monument, and was created by the effects of wind and waves over a long period of time. We were there in the evening, but I am told that there is a dramatic effect of the sun rising behind the rocks, creating an evolving view of the rocks.

1  Thank LCWW