Studio Hotel(Santa Ana)
US$87
Hotels.com
US$87
Aloft.com
Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$72
US$94
Hotel Villa Los Candiles(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$62
Hotel Luisiana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$29
Hotels.com
Hotel Posada Nena(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$66
Vista Canyon Inn(Santa Ana)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Villa Arboleda(Santa Ana)
US$79
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfruit treessan josecosta ricascreened windowsclose to the airportbeautiful hotelceiling fanhidden gemtreated like familysmall hotelnice breakfastlast nightpura vidaelizabethkennygpstaxi
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We spent 6 days, 5 nights at Hotel Posada Canal Grande.There are attentive guards at the entrance to the property so they call up to the hotel prior to letting vehicles in. Once in, Ubers, tour buses etc meet right in front of the entrance to the hotel. The property is open and clean and the staff is friendly. They were helpful and readily available throughout our entire stay. We were on the second floor in one of end rooms (the best location in our opinion). You will NOT miss having an AC, unless ofcourse you intend to feel cold temperatures. If you intend to feel comfortable, cool and breezy, this is the place. The bathroom lighting is dim but not at all bothersome. The TV channels are limited and the wifi is sometimes spotty, so if you need it for work or entertainment you'd be better off downstairs. Flowers and leaves tend to blow in to the pool, but otherwise, they are sure to clean in it regularly as I've seen myself. Food and drinks are freshly prepared. I enjoyed the local fruit jam available at breakfast daily. If you'd like to travel to San Jose you have the option to take the bus since the bus stop is steps away from the property entrance. Kenny, who checked us in, played a major role in our stay. Not only was he great at his job, he was passionate about the country and therefore, helpful with planning activities. Thank you Kenny! The hotel is simple, modest and authentic. For its cost, I couldn't imagine expecting more. I was pleased with my stay and would return here without a doubt! -Alicia & Myles

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aliciakillikelly
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here one night after an 8 day tour of CR. My husband booked it based on the price and reviews. This is definitely a "you get what you pay for" boutique hotel.

We arrived early afternoon, before check-in time. Our room was being cleaned, but we didn't have to wait long before it was ready. The hotel was pretty well kept and clean.There was only one person looking after the desk, waiting tables and bartending.

There are a few things I wish I had known before staying here (I did not read any reviews, my husband did). There is no air conditioning or ceiling fan, so the room is stifling hot during the day. You have to keep the small windows open for some ventilation. I am a very light sleeper and had to wear earplugs because the walls are not sound proof and you can hear noise from all over. There is no fridge to keep beverages cold, no coffee maker in the room, the wifi is slow, only 6 tv channels (one english). The bathroom had poor lighting, a one ply toilet roll like you get in a mall toilet and we were told not to put tp in the toilet. The only toiletry was a pump bottle of stinky soap in the shower and hand soap was in a dispenser by the sink. The pillows on the bed smelled very bad. I removed the pillow case and the pillow cover was yellow and disgusting (the pillows should be replaced) so I put my own skirt over it to mask the smell.

We ate at the hotel for the convenience and the food was good. I had the swordfish special and my husband had lasagne. Both came with an interesting carrot salad. We wanted to pay for our meal with cash, and had to wait 45 minutes to pay because the guy was so busy.

I would not stay here again, but it may appeal to others who like the basics only.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan C
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Very comfortable hotel with convenient location. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The pool was nice and refreshing after a hot day. But best of all is the view of San Jose. At night from the parking lot or pool area you can see all the lights of the city. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 3 March 2018

This hotel is about a 40 minute drive from the airport but it is in a fairly quite location. The hotel staff are polite and friendly and the rooms are spacious. There is a good sized swimming pool in the courtyard area. On the downside, the food was a little expensive and limited in choice for vegetarians like ourselves.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Keith_Darlington
Reviewed 8 January 2018

We don't normally leave the airport area for a hotel but we had a car this time so we decided to look for a place in Santa Ana. We found this hotel and weren't expecting much for the price and WOW were we blown away. First of all, the property is STUNNING!!! I went around with my film camera and took countless pictures of the flowers. It's so quiet as well and we slept like babies. There was no AC in our room but we didn't need it. This is the mountains of Costa Rica where it's breezy all the time and we had a wonderful breeze in our window. In fact, I needed the covers. It was a perfect temperature for sleeping (or even hanging out in the room.

The best part of our stay was the staff. Everyone was so nice! They even accommodated us with a little bit of a late breakfast. We saw that they were giving everyone extra special treatment with help for excursions, etc.

We will definitely visit again. This place was an absolute DREAM! They could charge even more for such a wonderful place to stay. It's the perfect out-of-the-way but close to everything location.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple