“Beautiful location but rooms need a serious overhall”

and 1 more site!
Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sauble Beach
Reviewed 28 September 2011

OK, so we saw the beautiful photos, the lovely scenery, the pretty river. That is why we chose to stay at this motel one night on the way to Manitoulin Island. Boy, were we ever surprised. The hotel itself is quaint, and the people that run it seem nice. But the mattress in our queen size room felt ancient. My husband, who is an average size person, caused the mattress to slope downhill. I felt like I was sleeping on the side of a mountain slope all night. The lighting in the room was poor. Overall, it was clean, but please upgrade your rooms and help your guests get a better nights sleep. Your hotel guests will be much happier.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank robundle
ilove2bamom, Owner at Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Hi! I would like to Thank you for your feedback and assure you that this mattress has been replaced. My husband and I purchased the Kit-Wat Motel in 2009 and have been doing ongoing extensive renovations each year and will continue to do so. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Thanks again for your feedback!
Hans, Jackie & Jonathan Van Gerven

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Our family enjoyed the family atmoshpere and relaxing location of Kit Wat. It is a 5 minute stroll to the beach. My wife and I felt very comfortable taking our 5 kids all around the hotel as it is in a quiet part of Sauble Beach, yet only a 5 minute drive to the main town. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank JeffPink
ilove2bamom, Owner at Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Thank you Pink Family! It was a pleasure having you stay with us! You have very good children and must be very proud!!
Best regards,
Kit-Wat Staff & Management.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

It wasn't the motels fault but the room was not ready when we arrived as the previous people forgot they were cheking out and that delayed us. I thought they would have atleast accomodated us with a discount. I thought they had an ice machine but they don't so don't expect ice. You can buy it accross the street at the store. The room was very clean, it did smell of heavy cleaning product. The a/c was very noisy even on low. The bathroom is quite small with no place for a toiletry bag. The tub is new and clean and the shower head was strog. The beds we comfy but they do not use mattress covers so its you the sheet and the comfortor. They do have extra pillows in the drawers that we discovered only the second night. You can hear the people upstairs walking around. Parking was free and around there that is a big deal. They are not close to the main beach which is good for the noise but you have to drive there and parking is $20 if you find a spot. We paid $160 per night during Sand Fest to me to the ammenities it was very expensive. We had TV and a Bar fridge in our room. Lots of towels and our room/bed was cleaned each day. Very clean. The view is magnificent, the staff is friendly. They have a restaurant but we did not eat there, only had coffee with free refills for $1.60. It was ok I like my coffee strong. Our room was on the main floor and had a little deck with chairs. We had ducks greet us every morning. We will return to Sauble but stay somewhere closer to the Beach where we can walk. If you love to fish or boat. This is a perfect spot for you. Thanks

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank MaryDadderio
ilove2bamom, Owner at Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

Hi! We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our clean and friendly atmosphere. We hope you were able to enjoy the complimentary use of our canoes and kayaks offered to you during your stay! We do have complimentary unlimited ice available for all of our guests at the office. We are just a 5 min. walk to the beach, or if one prefers main street beach area it is just a 5 min. drive or 1/2 hour power walk from here. I am confident that we have very competitive family rates. I encourage you to let me know if you find comparable family accomodations at a cheaper rate. We Thank you for your feedback and hope to see you in the future! Once again we do sincerely apologize for your room being later than our typical check in.
Best regards,
Kit-Wat Management and Staff.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed here from August 1-3, 2011. The room was very clean and spacious and we had our own balcony space with two chairs and a table with a nice view of the Sauble River. There were plenty of towels available in the room for our group of 6 (no need to call the front desk for more). The staff were very accommodating and friendly and were always cleaning - property was well kept up.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank Travelling6s

Thank you for your feedback!
Kit-Wat Staff & Management

Reviewed 3 August 2011

We booked the Kit-Wat motel for the long weekend from Jul 29-Aug 1. We had a room on the ground floor facing the river. Honestly, at the beginning I was a bit scared as to what I would see in the rooms. But the rooms are spacious, VERY clean, and decorated in retro style. Our room did not have a kitchen (there was a bar fridge in the room), but I noticed that a few of the rooms seemed to have a full kitchen in it. The bathroom was small, but had a newer bathtub with shower. The water pressure in the shower was good, and lots of hot water (never run our, no matter what time). There was a daily maid service, where all towels were changed, beds made, and room was vacuumed. I have to say, the owners keep the rooms and the motel ground immaculate.

We brought our own breakfast food, so every morning we would put together our breakfast, and walk out of the room onto the deck area, where there were plenty of tables and chairs. We would have wonderful and relaxing breakfast, watching the river, the boats, and the wildlife. The motel also has small restaurant on site that is open for breakfast and lunch (closes at 3pm). I do not know about the lunch, but they were very busy for breakfast (although we never tried it) – I believe 2 eggs, with bacon, toast and coffee was $5.99.

The motel itself was located a short walk from the beach. This area is relatively quiet as it’s the end of the north beach, and most of the people there are families with kids or couples. Right across the motel there is a wonderful convenience store that has all types of food (milk, BBQ meets, baked goods, as well as fruits and veggies) at reasonable prices (same price as in Toronto).

Also parking at the motel is free and plentiful, so we never had to worry about finding a parking sport after an excursion.

Overall, I have to say that this place was wonderful. The owners are the nicest people, always greeting you with the smile. All the staff at the hotel are hard working and very nice. Plus, you can tell that people like this place, as most of the guests at the motel have been coming back to it for many years. And my family and I definitely will be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
15  Thank hammy99
ilove2bamom, Manager at Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review! That makes our day when we get to read them. We are so glad that our hard work does not go un noticed.
The Kit Wat Family

Best Western Inn On The Bay
#1 of 10 in Owen Sound
0.2 km away
Sauble River Marina and Lodge Resort

Been to Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina? Share your experiences!