“Hidden gem ”

Furzeleigh Down Dairy
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Axminster
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Description: Fresh milk from our own cows, the "Inspiration" herd, of Holstein Fresians form the basis of our delicious, hand made Devon ice cream.
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Take a detour to find this lovely cafe, the ice cream and cream teas are amazing, scones are fantastic. The lady running the cafe is so welcoming and really enjoys her job and chatting with everyone. Wish I lived nearer so I could visit more often.

2  Thank Shona S

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

A quirky little tea room worth a visit for a special ice cream if passing, the lady was very friendly and was able to tell us about local history.

3  Thank James K
Reviewed 12 August 2017

My husband and I stopped here en route to Lyme. It is worth braving the narrow road to experience the ice cream made on the farm. We took ours away but you could sit in the cabin or outside and enjoy the view.

When we went there were about 10 flavours of ice cream and a range of cones to choose from. The ice cream is very creamy and might be a bit rich for some who are only used to commercially made stuff. In my opinion the creaminess slightly overpowered the flavour but my husband thoroughly enjoyed his. A 5 from him and a 3.5 from me (out of 5)

3  Thank Lucky13s
Reviewed 11 August 2017

My family and I were visiting from Canada, and decided to pop in on our way to Lyme Regis, and I'm glad we did. The owner is very kind, and the whole place had a friendly atmosphere. I would've gone for the views alone (truly stunning) but the food was another fabulous addition. Good selection of homemade, quintessentially British food and snacks, and everything we had was delicious.

2  Thank sapampy
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Our family called here for ice creams. Great location and the lady serving Val, kindly let us sample some different flavours before making our choice. In the end I had raspberry eton mess and the others had the same and rhubarb and devon heaven. All tasted very good indeed!

3  Thank GPTLebu