“Good party venue”
Review of Riverlight - CLOSED

Riverlight
Price range: US$20 - US$32
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Currently closed as a day-to-day restaurant and open for pop-ups and private events.
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Went to my granddaughter’s birthday party and enjoyed the venue. As I understand you hire the room, catering, music and entertainment. Lovely venue by the marina but little to see on a winters night. Room is upstairs with balcony overlooking the river, great for a summer get together. Food nothing special but acceptable. Good bar service and clean modern toilets. Not easy to find if you are strange to the area. Some parking available.

1  Thank 73GP

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

An excellent Mother's Day meal! The food was outstanding, the view was beautiful and we loved everything about Riverlight! We really do hope you open up permanently- especially over the summer! Such a lovely space! Thank you!

1  Thank Jen223377
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Visited Riverlight in December on recommendation, and thought the food was excellent. Two weeks later we took two friends for the set Christmas menu which was also excellent. Looking at the website last week to see if the menu had changed, and with a view to booking for the next day I was very disappointed to see that it is now only available for private parties. Whether this is seasonal or permanent I have yet to ascertain, but Riverlight would always have been high on my list of places to revisit.

1  Thank Stephen Y
Reviewed 30 December 2016

I have been to this restaurant on several occasions. The first time was for coffee on the balcony sitting in the sunshine overlooking the Marina in Bourne End with my dog. Absolutely lovely. Then I took a friend and she loved it too, so we decided to have lunch. We chose a selection of tapas which was absolutely delicious. Next I took my husband and on the fourth occasion my friend and I went with both our husbands and had a thoroughly enjoyable lunch. On each occasion we had very good service and the staff are very friendly. My only criticism is that they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays which is disappointing, especially if you are out for a walk and fancy a coffee. Apart from that, no complaints at all.

1  Thank Jan B
Reviewed 14 December 2016

Lovely setting on the Thames. We went for lunch, the menu is excellent, a whole host of meat or vegetarian dishes to choose from. The homemade beef burgers and the macaroni cheese are amazing. The pricing is excellent for lunchtime, as are the sizes of meal. Service couldn't be faulted. We will be returning to check out the nighttime dining for sure.

1  Thank Tracy S