“Sunday Lunch”

Price range: US$13 - US$66
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Polecat Inn is a charming 17th Century Freehouse & Restaurant nestled in the picturesque Chiltern Hills village in Prestwood in Buckinghamshire. With hearty open fires and an offering of fine wines, traditional ales and locally sourced, market fresh food, we hope to make your acquaintance soon.
Reviewed 12 October 2021

Hadn't eaten here for 4 years. Obviously the the whole place had been renovated and extended. My daughter took me for my 66 birthday. My pizza was delicious, my daughters pasta and the pork of my future son in law was apparently delicious. Our waitress was attentive and helpful.
I have been reading some poor reviews since our meal, but I must say I'm very positive about my experience and I'm very fussy.!!

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (370)

Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

Took my mum and daughter here for breakfast after coming a few months ago and having really positive experience. Not this time! Restaurant was very cold and service slow, despite only few tables occupied. Breakfast itself was really disappointing. My eggs royale was served with stale muffin not even toasted, overcooked eggs and freezing cold salmon. Asked if muffin could be toasted and it was returned to me burnt! Black bits all over the plate as I cut into it, not especially appetising. My mum’s full English was cold, shrivelled up mushroom, overcooked eggs. She left quite a bit on her plate as just wasn’t enjoying it. Exactly same menu served at Beech House in Beaconsfield but much much better tasting food. Won’t be returning to polecat any time soon. Such a shame it’s gone down hill in last few months.

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 26 September 2021 via mobile

This is a local restaurant in Great Missenden which serves good breakfasts, brunches and dinners. The outside pods are heated, have a push button call 'bell' and they can give you a wire for your own music. It is a nice place for a group of friends, with a minimum charge.

Only hesitancy about recommending The Polecat Inn is the variable service. .. a little hit and miss.

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank LondonFamily88
Reviewed 25 September 2021

This was a wonderful treat for Saturday lunch. There is Both a very modern classy part and a traditional pub style seating area. Food was good, they were more than happy to redo the steak as it was a bit rare for my taste. My other half had the camembert which he enjoyed enormously. Will definitely be back agaibn

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 22 September 2021

We had a very good Sunday evening meal here when visiting family in Great Missenden. It is in an attractive quiet location, with friendly staff and excellent food – good vegetarian choice too. We’d highly recommend.

Date of visit: August 2021