“We loved it”
Review of Restaurant Peyrat

Restaurant Peyrat
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Everyone enjoyed this place for lunch. Menu du jour was €12. This was 4 courses of simple but excellently prepared dishes. From the vegetable soup to the perfectly aged slices of cheese. Pitchet of decent local claret was €6. They let our little girl share our food and even gave her a free ice cream. Obviously family run as so efficient and welcoming. Great place to stop off between tastings in the Medoc as just outside St Estephe with river views.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Peyrat

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I cannot begin to tell you how much we liked this place. After a disappointing visit to Chateau Haut-Marbuzet (separate review), we look for a place to have lunch prior to our afternoon appointment. It's raining and of the four restaurants I find in St. Estephe, 1 (the Chateau-hotel) is not open for lunch and one does not answer the phone. Thus we end up in Le Peyrat, luckily for us!. The Menu du Jour (€12.90) starts with a local specialty soup which is served to you in a large serving bowl, to help yourself. This is followed by smoked pickled herring garnished with pickled onion slices and carrots, delicious! The main attraction includes TWO veal cottlets, served with some mashed potatoes with beshamel sauce. And I'm not finished yet! You can choose between dessert or cheese to end the feast, all of this is included. We happily consume the good food with a pitcher of the house red (€5.60). It is so good, we order a second one. Total cost for two, including espresso comes to €40 all included, but we like the place so much we leave them some additional tip. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

I had seen this restaurant on TA and made a note before arriving in France on holiday. We turned up for lunch, a group of six friends, and were met with a very friendly welcome. Madame who served was a delight, extremely patient with our poor French! The bistro was full of locals, which is always a good sign.
Four of us had the Menu du Jour, 13 Euro for a wonderful three course lunch. The postage to start was superb, followed by charcuterie and then filet de boeuf. Great value and all well cooked. Thank you. A great finish to a perfect week in the Medoc.
Highly recommend.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

We almost didn't stop here as the reviews don't give it a very good rating. But I'm so glad we did!

The food was simple and delicious. Well prepared and not over sauced / salted / etc. My dad and I had the fish and my husband the entrecote and we were all very pleased. The service was very warm and our waitress was very helpful.

I definitely recommend the Peyrat to anyone passing through Saint Estephe !

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I had lunch in this unassuming family run cafe that you would pass by quite easily. These are great people, everything is rather simple but particularly good in a kind of rustic way. For my main course I had fillet of red mullet on top of baby leeks and puff pastry, this was heaven on earth, beautifully constructed, the colours, the smell, the freshness of the produce it brought the sea and the land together in a delightful marriage of taste and texture. The fish soup ah yes the fish soup with rouille cest magnifique, so easy and so delightful - be adventurous with menu and ask for recommendations, these are real people - lovely service.

1  Thank Milan S