“Excellent restaurant on the Medoc (Bordeaux, France)”
Review of Chateau Pomys

Chateau Pomys
Reserve with
Chateau Pomys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2015

Excellent restaurant on the Medoc area! The high end Franch cousine, very tasty and very well prepared. With a gran-finale of the 2 persons who manage the Hotel & Restaurant Chateau Pomys

There are newer reviews for Chateau Pomys

Reviewed 18 September 2015

Interior was outdated. Our waiter was very rude. The orders did not come correct. The food was ok. Last year we came here and ate outside and had a wonderful experience so we were a bit let down.

Reviewed 14 July 2015

This is a very pretty place and we had been expecting far better. Perhaps the expectation did not help but let's try to summarise our issues and why I have given this a poor rating.

1. The very pleasant waiter was rushed off his feet and appeared to be doing everything himself. That was probably the reason for:
(a) My son's peanut peanut allergy that we advised him of very clearly at the start of the meal being forgotten. My son's sorbet had a peanut wafer in it and we were far from certain that they did anything other than removing it when we raised the issue
(b) The service was quite slow (although this seems to be a problem of the region)
(c) We were waiting in reception for at least 5 minutes before we anyone (our waiter) acknowledged our presence.

2. The food was alright without being great

3. The glass of red wine that I had was very unpleasant – tasted like the bottle had been open for at least a day and perhaps more. The service was so slow that I didn’t even bother sending it back.

3. Despite having said we needed to be out at a certain time we were not and were therefore late for our wine tour.

Shame - I think that this could have been much better with perhaps just one more person on duty.

Reviewed 7 October 2014

We spent a week in the Medoc region, and this place came highly recommended by our friend who has a vacation home in a nearby village. We couldn't wait to try the food and enjoy the lovely setting. We arrived at 1:20 pm (got a little lost on the way there), and the sign in the foyer said lunch was served until 1:45 pm. We were appropriately dressed and very hungry! I was so excited when I saw the waiter, I immediately asked if we could have a table for 2 for lunch. Without even breaking his stride, he said, "No, we are finished. Full. No service". I can understand such a response if we had arrived 5-10 minutes before end of service, but this was not the case. (Even the Chef came out as we were driving away; perhaps HE wanted to feed us!) Needless to say, we did not go back. Happy ending though: we found a wonderful little restaurant up the road (Le Saint-Seurin), whose staff treated us like royalty and fed us well.

Reviewed 8 September 2014

An excellent menu with well chosen wines. The main course of beef was particularly good. We ate on the terrace which added considerably to the experience.

1  Thank Fasaig