The accommodation was great really spacious and the plunge pool was excellent after my husband finished golf. The golf was apparently very good too. The accommodation was very well equipped and you could easily cater for yourself if you wanted to. There is no supermarket on site so you have to go down the road, if you haven't got your own car, the taxi to which has to be organised through the hotel and is quite expensive, would recommend stopping on your way from the airport to pick up supplies.
There was no Ipod dock which I thought you would have got for a 5 star resort we asked a few times but we continued to luck out.
The alcohol was very expensive considering in the supermarket you can pick up a beer for circa 30 Rupees the hotel charge circa 200 Rupees. We generally drank in the rooms and then had a bottle/did corkage at dinner. Even though there was a buffet every night we thought the a la carte was better value.
The bakery on site was really good and it was nice to be able to pick up a simple but tasty sandwich every day, some of the food was a bit on the pricey side for what you got, but you are in a 5 star hotel. Overall the food was OK, but we actually had better meals when we were off site. Would recommend eating at the Sugar Factory, superb! Service was hit and miss some staff very good others a bit forgetful.
Location and proximity to the airport was good, only 45 mins.
Overall a good stay would recommend to people with children who like 5 star living, you have the service and restaurants but you can cater for being a little independent to suit children's needs as well by doing self catering. This is one of the reasons we went as some of our group had children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stretching out majestically over 213 hectares of tropical gardens, Anahita Golf & Spa Resort is located on one of the most beautiful natural sites on the East coast of Mauritius. With the Indian Ocean's crystalline waters of the lagoon at its feet, the Resort combines luxury, peace and enchantment. Experience the authentic Mauritian charm with its unique accommodation (lavishly furnished Suites & Villas), refined cuisine and dedicated service in a breathtaking natural environment. At Anahita Golf & Spa Resort, enjoy a vast range of the most sought-after activities: two exceptional 18-hole championship golf courses designed by Ernie Els and Bernhard Langer, exclusive beach experience on its two beaches, boutiques, Personal fitness centre, Wellbeing centre, tennis courts, Kid's club, water sports centre, golf clubhouse... Experience supreme and simply unparalled luxury: that of having the ultimate freedom of choice. Anahita Golf & Spa Resort, A New lifestyle Resort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Anahita Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anahita The Hotel Beau Champ
- Anahita Hotel Beau Champ
- Anahita Resort Beau Champ