“Delicious Seafood buffet meal.”
Review of Nouveau

Nouveau
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Mudjimba
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The largest and best variety of seafood in a coastal resort. Freshest prawns, oysters,crabs and bugs delighted our taste buds and certainly satisfied our appetite. Lovely choice of salads and hot casserole dishes to choose from if enough room is left after tucking into endless supplies of the seafood. A great night was enjoyed.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I stayed here for business and got breakfast included when I booked.
The breakfast buffet is very good, but I would not have eaten here if it wasn't included.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

A, a regular guest at Twin Waters and have had mediocre experiences at the Reston before. Brought my parents here for a treat as we were staying at Sebel apartments for 4 nights. I am an Accor member so thank God I only paid 50% as well as having received a $50 voucher from Hightide Holidays through which the booking was made.

It was Asian night so being part-Asian we thought that was nice. But sadly it was far far from good, in fact there were only one or two dishes which would rate more than 3/10 for taste.

Cheap, gristly and tough cuts of lamb in the stir fry, dry fish (and it was just after 615pm we arrived; gluggy fried rice with CORN kernels akin to that made by a 70s housewife; gluggy white rice; dry tasteless chunks of pork only a dog could chew through; a couple of passable looking curries which I didn't bother with; stringy, old Asian vegetables were 8 inch long stems; rubbery mass produced frozen fish cakes; sad looking sushi; Singapore noodles made from rice vermicelli with medium sized tasteless prawns and it was COLD! Please show me any food vendor in Singapore which serves this - and even in Australia I've never before seen such a mis-representation of a signature national dish; Asian quinoa salad - give us a break.... thank God for the Japanese seaweed which made the coleslaw underneath it taste interesting.

As for the sweets - definitely nothing Asian about those and only the tiny chocolate tarts were flavoursome and good; cake was dry; the apple pie spring rolls had a skerrick of apple in them although at least they were interesting. I didn't even bother with the Tom Yum as it smelled underwhelming....

The whole buffet reeked of cost-cutting and was an insult to anyone with any idea of good food. My mother and I are both excellent cooks and we try not to have high expectations of Asian restaurants but this was outstanding in its total disregard of authenticity in any way, shape or form. I suspect your chef had the day off and the apprentice had cooked the food. If not, then you have a very serious problem.
Conclusion: overpriced, awful, amateur cuisine that smacks of cost-cutting.
Can only imagine what the French night will be like or perhaps the chef will be back by then.

3  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Very busy restaurant that appeared to be Buffett style for breakfast and buffet themed nights for evening. Can be very noisy at breakfast and often a wait for hot food, eggs etc. chef said they were too busy to do eggs to order despite it being advertised.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We were staying at the Sebel and decided to lash out and have breakfast at Nouveau on our last day. Look, as far as buffet breakfasts go, this one was pretty good. Im not a huge fan of the mass produced eggs, bacon, cereals and fruits, but the range at Nouveau was good. I was surprised that they didnt have any granola, but maybe that was just a bit "out there" I dont know. What I did appreciate was the barista espresso being included in the price, as that is unusual. It was good quality and despite a lengthy queue, it came quickly. The staff were amazing, clearing away and restocking regularly and with a smile. I would visit again if only to see my son eat 13 pancakes in one sitting :-)