“Excellent Luxury in a Great Part of Monterrey”

Quinta Real Monterrey
Reviewed 23 July 2016

This was my second stay at this property in Monterrey. In my opinion, and the opinion of my local team, this is the best hotel in Monterrey. Safe, comfortable, with great facilities and a friendly bilingual staff, this hotel works well for both business and leisure events.

One of my favorite parts of the hotel is the smell of fresh flowers. Upon arriving and walking in the front door, this subtle aroma is like a never ending welcome. Unlike most hotels with an imposing Front Desk, staffed by agents, the Quinta Real has just two small desks off to the right. They could almost be confused for concierges, which the agents also assist with. Checking in is a painless process, accompanied by a complimentary glass of champaign.

Once I got to my room, I found one much larger than the typical American/European Marriot or Hilton brand. Easily able to fit a king bed, large working desk, sofa, and bathroom, I found it to be a really comfortable room. The bathroom in particular was large, and filled with marble and tile work that almost made it similar to what you would find at a Ritz Carlton. The amenities were also of high quality, with a decorative glass cabinet on the wall containing many typical toiletries that guests might have forgotten.

I don’t often visit the health clubs or pools of the hotels I am in, but I always make it a point to do so here. The pool is nearly resort quality, with water falls, shallow sitting areas, and a bar. It’s lighted wonderfully at night, and best of all, it’s nearly always empty! The exercise room is also one of the best I’ve found in Mexico, with a good assortment of quality treadmills, ellipticals, free weights, etc. It does not have a spa, however there is an excellent “O.Spa” 1 block to the north that is both luxurious and an easy walk.

The breakfast each morning is nice as well, though it does not have the same variety of dishes or as attractive of a price point as the Safi next door. Still, it’s convenient and has a good assortment of typical Mexican dishes (i.e. eggs, breads, vegetables, sauces, fruits, etc.) and American items. If you eat here, be sure to try some of the fresh squeezed juices! They are included with breakfast, are always made fresh that morning, and have a blend that chances every day. If you would like a bit more cost-effective breakfast and more variety, I recommend walking next door to the Safi Hotel. Their breakfast is like something out of a Las Vegas buffet and is priced less than the Quinta, but is also a bit lower quality.

I also don’t usually mention the bars at the hotels I frequent, but this one is worth a visit! While small, the bar has huge, high ceilings with walls that are covered with large medieval style paintings. I don’t know if they are actual art from the time period, but I would say they are museum quality. There is a central stone piece with flowers on it that is lighted from the inside at night as well. Combined with dim lighting in the evenings, this bar is an incredible spot for a relaxing drink or conversation with customers, friends, or co-workers.

The staff at the Quinta has always been friendly, and happy to speak English or be patient with my Spanish. Recently, Ana at the Front Desk assisted me with a spa appointment at the O.Spa next door, and recommended several places to eat. In particularly, she was a joy to work with. Fortunately, the Quinta’s excellent location immediately across from a major mall means there is plenty of good shopping and restaurants available as well.

Overall, there isn’t much to dislike about the Quinta. However, if you have a hard time with steps, you’ll probably have a tough time here. While the property does have an elevator, it’s necessary to go up and down a few steps to get to it. Given its age, some of the pieces in my room, and around the hotel’s floors are also starting to show a bit of wear. Hopefully this will be addressed soon. The price can also be a bit of a premium over the Safi or other hotels in the area, depending on occupancy and what’s going on there. However, given the premium experience, I feel it’s understandable. If you can accept the price, I think almost anyone will enjoy a stay here.

Room Tip: Request a room away from Valle Oriente if you value a quieter room
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Stefano K, Director General at Quinta Real Monterrey, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Dear Guest good morning
Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!
We will work hard to cahnge your feeling about our Buffet Breakfast.
I hope to have you here with us in a near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

We spent our wedding night in this hotel, and had the best time!! We got the honeymoon suite and it was comfortable and romantic. The room was super spacious, and everything was clean and with fresh smell. Best room service, too. Definitely would recommend and come back.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Stefano K, Director General at Quinta Real Monterrey, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for choosing this beautiful Hotel, and giving us the opportunity to host you.
Thank you again for your comments!and
We hope to see you in a near future.
Best regards.

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

The staff was welcoming and friendly. The hotel is in a great location with a very large mall/restaurants right across the street. Disappointed that the pool is indoors, although it is surrounded by glass windows. My room was on the first floor, which is downstairs from the main level. There was a sewage odor in the hall on the first floor. There were windows on 2 sides of the suite, 1 facing a service stairwell and construction next door, the window over the tub facing the gym...literally steps from the gym. A room on a higher floor probably would have changed my opinion in general. It's a nice hotel with thick towels, robes, etc. but not over the top. Restaurant was good, but don't dismiss the restaurants in the new mall on the same side of the street - they were great, more upscale than the mall across the street.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Stefano K, Director General at Quinta Real Monterrey, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Dear Guest, good morning
I appreciate your feedback, concerning your last stay at this beautiful Hotel.
This is your home away from home.....
We thank you in advance and I hope to host you again as a distinguished guest.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days. For my brother's wedding ( he didn't marry at the hotel) we have our photo shoots here and they have the most amazing architecture and decor. ( old hacienda style with a modern twist) the only bad is that you must pay an outrageous quantity even if you are a guest ( we had 5 rooms just for family ) but overall the service is good, specially the guys at the entrance they're awesome!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Stefano K, Director General at Quinta Real Monterrey, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Dear Guest.
Thank You very much for giving us your Feedback.
Feedback like your it´s very important.
Make us to improve our standards and guest satisfaction.
Thank you again and hope to host you in a near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Let me tell you that the chain Quinta Real has always been on my top of my mind. However, lately since they merged with another important hotel chain they don't seem what they were. Hence, this is not the only Quinta Real which has disappointed me lately. When I was a banker I used to stay in this hotel (13 years ago!). I remembered it was nothing less than excellent. Well 13 years later, the hotel is exactly the same...literally!! They have not redone nor remodeled anything, so the rooms, although colonial style, do seem old and outdated. The corridors have humidity smell, and we had to change rooms at 11 pm since there were many mosquitoes in the room. The other room had even a 1970s TV set in the bathroom! Service is impecable and the food is super expensive but good...but really I hope the management does consider a serious uplifiting soon since they are better options out there now. I would even give them a 3.5 grade.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Stefano K, Director General at Quinta Real Monterrey, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Dear Guest VEROAGUI thank you for your priceless feedback.
I am convinced that the Guests opinions are useful and we must capitalize them.
Always.
I would like to tell you that since all 2011 to date, we have been updating most part of the Hotel, starting from the lower part of the Hotel and I refer myself to our Motor Lobby entrance, the main lobby, our Bar “ Los Murales”, our Restaurant Los Balcones, The Business Center, The ball room and more.
In addition to this we have carpeting 100% of ours floor corridors and 80 suites, updated televisions LED models, updated Hotel security systems, and most of the lighting system into the rooms.
And this is not all.
We have almost ready a project to update an average number of ours suites during this year.
There is a project going on that involves change about the bathrooms area too.
New phones for the suites, are on their way, very soon we will have the HD quality available in several channels.
New generation of Power Outlets are being installed into ours suites for a better and most comfortable connection for all type of electronic devices such as cell phones, Ipad, laptop etc.
Dear Guest, I´ll be attentive to your comments sure that I can ammend your discomfort.
Feel comfortable to come back again.
Here you can find My E-MAIL ADDRESS.
I will be glad to hot you again in a near future.

skirnbauer@quintareal.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Pedro Garza Garcia
0.4 km away
Grand Fiesta Americana Monterrey Valle
Grand Fiesta Americana Monterrey...
#1 of 15 in San Pedro Garza Garcia
2.9 km away
Krystal Monterrey
Krystal Monterrey
#4 of 97 in Monterrey

Been to Quinta Real Monterrey? Share your experiences!