This was my second stay at this property in Monterrey. In my opinion, and the opinion of my local team, this is the best hotel in Monterrey. Safe, comfortable, with great facilities and a friendly bilingual staff, this hotel works well for both business and leisure events.
One of my favorite parts of the hotel is the smell of fresh flowers. Upon arriving and walking in the front door, this subtle aroma is like a never ending welcome. Unlike most hotels with an imposing Front Desk, staffed by agents, the Quinta Real has just two small desks off to the right. They could almost be confused for concierges, which the agents also assist with. Checking in is a painless process, accompanied by a complimentary glass of champaign.
Once I got to my room, I found one much larger than the typical American/European Marriot or Hilton brand. Easily able to fit a king bed, large working desk, sofa, and bathroom, I found it to be a really comfortable room. The bathroom in particular was large, and filled with marble and tile work that almost made it similar to what you would find at a Ritz Carlton. The amenities were also of high quality, with a decorative glass cabinet on the wall containing many typical toiletries that guests might have forgotten.
I don’t often visit the health clubs or pools of the hotels I am in, but I always make it a point to do so here. The pool is nearly resort quality, with water falls, shallow sitting areas, and a bar. It’s lighted wonderfully at night, and best of all, it’s nearly always empty! The exercise room is also one of the best I’ve found in Mexico, with a good assortment of quality treadmills, ellipticals, free weights, etc. It does not have a spa, however there is an excellent “O.Spa” 1 block to the north that is both luxurious and an easy walk.
The breakfast each morning is nice as well, though it does not have the same variety of dishes or as attractive of a price point as the Safi next door. Still, it’s convenient and has a good assortment of typical Mexican dishes (i.e. eggs, breads, vegetables, sauces, fruits, etc.) and American items. If you eat here, be sure to try some of the fresh squeezed juices! They are included with breakfast, are always made fresh that morning, and have a blend that chances every day. If you would like a bit more cost-effective breakfast and more variety, I recommend walking next door to the Safi Hotel. Their breakfast is like something out of a Las Vegas buffet and is priced less than the Quinta, but is also a bit lower quality.
I also don’t usually mention the bars at the hotels I frequent, but this one is worth a visit! While small, the bar has huge, high ceilings with walls that are covered with large medieval style paintings. I don’t know if they are actual art from the time period, but I would say they are museum quality. There is a central stone piece with flowers on it that is lighted from the inside at night as well. Combined with dim lighting in the evenings, this bar is an incredible spot for a relaxing drink or conversation with customers, friends, or co-workers.
The staff at the Quinta has always been friendly, and happy to speak English or be patient with my Spanish. Recently, Ana at the Front Desk assisted me with a spa appointment at the O.Spa next door, and recommended several places to eat. In particularly, she was a joy to work with. Fortunately, the Quinta’s excellent location immediately across from a major mall means there is plenty of good shopping and restaurants available as well.
Overall, there isn’t much to dislike about the Quinta. However, if you have a hard time with steps, you’ll probably have a tough time here. While the property does have an elevator, it’s necessary to go up and down a few steps to get to it. Given its age, some of the pieces in my room, and around the hotel’s floors are also starting to show a bit of wear. Hopefully this will be addressed soon. The price can also be a bit of a premium over the Safi or other hotels in the area, depending on occupancy and what’s going on there. However, given the premium experience, I feel it’s understandable. If you can accept the price, I think almost anyone will enjoy a stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quinta Real Monterrey is located in the eastern area of the city, at 5 minutes from the historical center, at 35 minutes from the International Airport Mariano Escobedo and at 15 minutes from the Fair and Exhibition Center Cintermex. With 165 spacious suites from 40 to 163 m2, in our Presidential Suite of two floors, all have internet access, living area, marble desk, 3 telephone lines, minibar, television, air conditioning and heating. Pay per view movies, safety deposit box, iron and ironing board, bathrobe, slippers and amenities Hermes. We also offer suite service 24 hours and a pillow menu available for you to have a full rest. Services and Amenities Concierge Business Center Restaurants and Bar Events Suite Services (24 hours) Fitness Center Pool with a bar Executive transportation Parking lot and valet parking Logo Shop Medical Assistance Laundry and dry cleaning Excursions (request) Baby sitter (request) Local attractions Paseo Santa Lucia Parque Fundidora Planetario Alfa Museo de Arte Contemporaneo Museo de Historia Mexicana Catedral Metropolitana Macroplaza y Barrio Antiguo Chipinque, Cola de Caballo y Grutas de Garcia Centro de Ferias y Exposiciones Cintermex y Convex Restaurants and Bars Bar Los Murales this bar offers a variety of national and international beverages, that you will enjoy in a comfortable atmosphere accentuated by his large fireplace, live music from 8:00 p.M. To 1:00 a.M. Open Monday to Thursday from 1:00 p.M. To 1:00 a.M. And Friday and Saturday from 1:00 p.M. To 2:00 a.M. Pool Bar located in the indoor pool area. This bar offers a service from 8:00 a.M. To 10:00 p.M., Counting with t.V. To enjoy of the news and sports events, service of natural beverage since morning. Open from 8:00 a.M. To 10:00 p.M. Restaurant Los Balcones with a view to our central gardens, you can have breakfast, lunch or dinner of the most representative Mexican cousine and international in a quiet environment and very comfortable. Also we have two private rooms for small social meals or meetings, with a capacity to receive over 8 customers. Open daily from 6:30 a.M. To 12:00 a.M. General Information Check in 3:00 p.M. Check Out 1:00 p.M. Business Center In Quinta Real Monterrey we know how important is your comfort and the efficient when is about your business meeting, we offer you: 3 rooms available from 2 to 12 people. Computers, photocopies, printers, cannon, scanner and a flip chart. Phone meetings Internet stationery supplies translates Fax Coffee Break Continuous coffee, pastries, soft drinks and tea, from 7:00 a.M. To 11:00 p.M. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quinta Real Monterrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Real Monterrey Hotel San Pedro Garza Garcia
- Quinta Real Hotel Monterrey
- Monterrey Quinta Real Hotel