Dakak Park & Beach Resort
Villa Pillar(Dapitan City)
  • Breakfast included
AJ's(Dapitan City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeach resortday tourwhite sandhorseback ridingnice resorttheme parkbanana boatitalian restaurantlovely beachwater sportsreception areasouvenir shopview deckbad receptionbeach sidedel nortecomfort room
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

I was in Dakak this Wednesday May 17 with my relatives. The only thing I don't like is the service, they really have a bad services they don't have a good customer service. We have dinner in your dinning and took 45 min to get our order, I already finish 2 mango shakes but our food still not in our table. The dinning area is not even full. When we use the pool and ask towels the pool guy told me they are out of towels and he's name was Julio's was very rude. ( the pool guy) in my room the phone is not working one of the bed too noisy. I been staying a lot of hotels and resort but this is the only resorts that very poor service.
the service at the Pirates Bar esp. To Julios the bartender and the rest of the staff at the pirates they are so nice to me and the rest of my family.

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Jevy C
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We went to Dakak just for curiosity. We had a very limited time, but we just wanted to see and experience the place. P500 is very expensive for this 2 hours or so experience but we went just the same, thinking that we could eat halo-halo or anything on the menu since it is consumable. We were aghast that we can only choose from a one-page menu with only 5 items/kinds of pasta to choose from. Drinks are not included. Anything we order aside from the 5-items will be billed separately. We felt deceived by the offer of P500 entrance consumable per person.
I ended up ordering coffee and tiramisu, since I did not want to eat pasta because we still full. It took them half an hour at least to serve that cup of coffee, and longer than that for the tiramisu. We had limited time and you could just imagine how we felt waiting for half an hour for that cup of coffee. The service was soooo slow and soooo bad, that we promised ourselves we will not go back there anymore.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Char I
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We spent our Holy Week 2012 in Dakak, we booked a room for four which turned out to be an old cottage. The rooms looked very old, beds and pillows needed replacement, TV was a tiny one, and the toilets still looked like the ones in the 1980's.

But the beach was very nice...clear waters and white sand with mountains in the background.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank hard_traveler214
Reviewed 11 April 2012

After having been to several resorts in the country, I would say Dakak Beach Resort was so in efficient when it comes to their services especially if you travel with a large group. We were 120 people in all and we availed of a package tour offered by Fantasyland.I can't believe it! We were at the counter at 2PM for check in but it was almost 4PM that they finally allowed us to go to our room!!!!The reason given to us was that the rooms were not ready yet!! It was so frustrating especially that there were small children who were with us.And we were not the only ones who had the same problem. Another group was also waiting for their accommodation and they were there earlier than us!!! And that was not all, when we checked out...we were hold for 2 hrs because of some problems. We were told to pay more and after some arguments and clarifications, it turned out that we even paid MORE!!!! Over all. I will NOT RECOMMEND Dakak Beach Resort especially if you are availing of the package tour offered by Fantasyland.Terrible!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
14  Thank Renzjofferlo
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I went to Dakak Park Beach Resort with my boyfriend for a day trip. For only Php 500, it was really worth the price. The fee includes transfers to and from the resort proper (since the main building is quite far from the resort gate) in an air-conditioned van, free use of some pools, access to the beach and buffet lunch.

The scenic view from the shore made Dakak a bit similar to Boracay, except that it's more private. The place is quiet and relaxing- a perfect vacation away from the city. The white-sand beach's clear water turns light blue from emerald green at noon. The restaurant-bar, which is located a few steps from the beach, serves buffet lunch that ranges from appetizers to main courses, from a variety of soups to a wide selection of beverages and delectable desserts. I would say, the food was G-R-E-A-T!

During our stay, however, there were a number of construction/renovations going on so we didn't get to enjoy some of the resort facilities. A reminder though, make sure to know the inclusions of the day trip fee as the access to the swimming facilities may not include the use of certain pools.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple