“Too crowded for me and my family!”

Dakak Park & Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dapitan City
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We went there on a day tour and it was too crowded for me and my family! We prefer a more quiet and relaxed atmosphere. So if you plan to go, book early with any travel and tour agency to get a good deal and go there early. You also need a good car as the location is far from the city, with steep and winding roads. The beach is also far from the entrance of the resort which makes it more difficult. We did not enjoy the meal that came with the day tour, it was bland and in small portions. We ended up ordering more. Hope they change the menu for the day tour.

We did have fun though! My kids aged 1 and 4 yrs enjoyed playing in the powdery white sand beach. My husband and I liked taking pictures of the limestone cliffs and kayaking at the sea. Going for a day tour was enough for us.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank l0ve2travel_m0m_0f2

Reviewed 15 October 2012

The price is not commensurate with what they offer. This may be the reason why only few is patronizing the place. Their rate is for 5 star resort like crimson in cebu and conrad in bali, indonesia. The place is nice with its long beach line but not pristine. Rain water from park and cottages area is drained at the beach front. Their service is still the same as described by other reviewers. No internet! The management is not correcting those sloppy and untrained staff. They should provide transport to guest coming from cottages/rooms in going to and from the beach and pool area. Guests have to negotiate an uphill walk coming from the beach/pool/restaurants which Is tiresome for older people. the place has few guests even on a weekend that we were there. If you like to have a more private outing with your family, this could be your place. If you want a more vibrant and lively place, Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank set b
Reviewed 11 October 2012

we stayed here a few years back and stayed in a family chalet, which was very big. We were 8 adults and 8 kids. It is a very large resort with some fantastic scenery and a beautiful beach. Two nice swimming pools and little shops to buy gifts. They have a bar with live entertainment, also a huge dining area. The night we were there they had traditional filipino dancing and music show. The food was ok and staff seemed to be very scarce. I must add though that it is pretty boring here if you stay for more that 2 nights.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jonmarie
Reviewed 7 October 2012

My husband and I went here on a day tour and we were pleasantly surprised that it included snacksfor two persons. The resort is beautiful and immaculate and the beach line was long and very private. The swimming pools were also very nice and clean. The only thing I think that can be improved is the training of the staff in their Italian resto were we availed of the free "snacks." The food itself wasnice and filling and definitely worth the resort entrance fee, but the staff seeing that we were going to avail of the "free snack"and not actually order were not very friendly. They were also chattering loudly even though they were officially on duty. We were the only people in the resto that time but I think since we were still essentially paying customers, they could have been nicer. Nevertheless, it's a really nice resort.Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank maanphd75
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This resort isn't that advertised mainstream unlike the others here in the Philippines and I hope it stays that way. I want to share here the wonderful experience I had. This review should've been written last month.

My friends and I were able to avail of an overnight package for a quadruple sharing room. From Dipolog airport we already felt welcomed by the warm staff with big smiles and after a 40 to 45-minute drive, we checked in (this is where the WiFi is). As an added service, they offered to check-in for us for the next day so we won't worry about making it on time (flight is at 1115AM). The resort has a nature feel and it's very secluded and relaxing, even the continuous rains didn't dampen our spirits.

They have a lot of restaurants and bars, swimming pools, and a stretch of white sand beach. The atmosphere screams of nature and relaxation. Yes the TV doesn't have cable and the cottages without WiFi, it's not good for a business trip but my friends and I didn't mind because we were there to escape. Our package also included entrance to a theme park "Gloria's Fantasyland" and we had a superb time.

The room had 2 double beds and a sofa, it was spacious and the only suggestion we had was complimentary bottled water. They put it in a pitcher so we didn't know how long it stayed there or whether it was stale. The shower is separate from the toilet and we didn't have problems with hot water.

I'd definitely return there. I like the privacy and how not crowded it was. The staff were friendly and helpful. If you're looking for rest and relaxation, this one's for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
13.5 km away
C & L Sea View Hotel
C & L Sea View Hotel
#5 of 21 in Dipolog

Been to Dakak Park & Beach Resort? Share your experiences!