This Resort is about 50 - 60 Kms from Central Kolkata, bang on the bank of River Ganga. Most of the crowd are people staying in Kolkata who spend their weekend here, thus their Check in time is 6 PM & Check out at 4 PM. It is a huge campus and also has other properties, Anaya and Ganga Kuthir. The F-Fort is the oldest one (also the cheapest among the others) and was once part of Radisson Group, now owned by Ambuja Neotia.
Almost every year they have a promotion for their rooms, where 4 nights can be booked for Rs. 9999 + Taxes (the promotion is generally from 1 Jan - 31 Mar) the stay can be anytime after buying the promotion till 29 Dec, the price paid covers only the stay, food is separately charged at the hotel. However, on certain days there are surge charge so its better to have a word with the booking team before proceeding for a stay.
They have 2 Restaurants, Reflections serves Indian and Continental mainly, the Buffet breakfast is also served here, another one is 'The Orient' this is a Chinese restaurant. Other than that there are some more restaurants in the other properties, 'Sonar Tori' being the most talked about, serves authentic Bengali cuisine and is in Ganga Kuthir.
Some Cons of the place:
- The property is nice and good for taking a break and relaxing for a weekend, however, there are nothing much to see as you step out of the campus, except for River Gagna.
- The drive to the campus is through Diamond Harbour Road (NH 117), the road after Joka is pretty narrow for a 2 way traffic, so one has to exercise caution and would be very difficult for people not much used to such kind of traffic. One would encounter fast moving buses and trucks from the opposite direction, there are several villages in between, locals on road would surely slow down the speed. Night driving becomes even more difficult as majority portion of the stretch of the road after Joka does not have Street Light.
- The Parking facility is under the trees, the car is bound to get dirty from the bird droppings, would require quite an effort for getting it cleaned.
- As one steps out of the resort campus, especially after check-out there would be local standing on the road stopping approaching vehicles and would ask for money (in the form of subscription) for some of their functions, religious celebrations (Pujas).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your The Ffort Raichak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.