“Cheap but really good!!”
Review of El Makami

El Makami
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Description: We would like to inform our customers that El Makami will be closed for holiday from the 25th september 2017 till the 13th october 2017!
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Got here at 8pm on a Saturday night and there were tables spare. Seated immediately and food came really fast. We ordered 6 dishes between 2 of us and it was too much! The squid, meatballs and patatas bravas were the highlights. The tuna Italian Thai dish was not that good, too much sweet chilli sauce. As good (not as refined) as Sebastian and so close to our hotel (jardines de nivaria) and south cheaper!!!

Cassandra S, Propietario at El Makami, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Thank you for your nice review! See you soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

They serve a buffet on Fridays, starting around 7. I thought it would be a good way to sample the quality of their dishes, and really enjoyed it. All the items were fairly simple, but some of them were really, really tasty. I guess because restaurants here need to cater for tourists with a wide range of tastes, dishes tend to be bland, but several of this buffet were really good, with clear and interesting tastes. (The chickpea salad, for example, seemed to also have small pieces of anchovies, and there was a sandwich made with really good bread and a very nice creamy filling, I think maybe tuna based.) My shock, though, came when I received the bill--only 3 euros for the whole meal, including a bottle of water. I don't know how they do it; an extraordinary bargain.

Based on the menu, and seeing the foods other tables received, I suspect the normal menu is also very good, and worth trying.

Cassandra S, Propietario at El Makami, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Thank you very much for your opinion! see you soon

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

The tapas are really good.
The service, though, very poor.
It takes hours for the dishes to come.
Very slow waiters.
Cook yelling from the kitchen.

We are sorry for what happened but here we cook and we prepare everything at the moment, and that means that when the bar is completely busy it can happened that there is some moments to wait, because we have a little place and also a very little kitchen, we try to do our best every day for make our customers happy. But In this way for sure you have the best quality of the food! But anyway we are sorry if you waited too much and we hope to see you again in our bar if you come here in your next Holiday! have a nice day!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

I visited here on holiday in July 2017. After seeing reviews on tripadvisor (currently 4th place in the whole of Tenerife!) i had to give it a try.

Very good value for money - 1€ beers, 3€-6€ tapas dishes. The whole bill for lunch came to 49.50€ for 2 of us.

The food was lovely and home made, the beers were served cold in a frozen glass.

Only downside was the long wait inbetweeen dishes. Only 3 staff on - 1 front of house, 1 bar and 1 chef. 10 tables at once seems a bit of a juggle at busy periods for this staff layout.

I would go again, however my advice is do not go there if you are in a rush!

Thank you very much for your opinion!
We are sorry if you waited too much time but here we cook and we prepare everything at the moment for give the best quality to our customers and when we are busy it can happened that there is some moments to wait! We are happy that you liked everything and sorry again, the next time we will do it better!

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I had found this place through reviews on trip advisor and I was plesantly suprised with how truely amazing it was.
The restaurant is only small and has about 9ish tables, so I would advise to make a reservation in advance, we got lucky and managed to get a table when we arrived.
I was astonished that such a busy place was ran by one lovely waitress, one bar man and appeared to be one chef, the food came out quickly, the service was great and I couldn't have ask for anymore.
We had the tapas and every dish was delicious, the prawns, burgers, meatballs are all a must try.
I'm so happy we gave this place a try, it is a lot better than most the over priced restaurants along the strip in Adeje. Believe me you have to visit here!!!!

Cassandra S, Propietario at El Makami, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Thank you very much for your beautiful words!
We hope to see you again here!!
Thanks