All reviewssteve and phoebeupstairs apartmentlovely hostscook islandsnoisy roostersminute walkfour unitsexpensive resorttropical paradiseperfect holidaygardens are beautifulnight marketbalconybbqcoconutaccommodationrarotonga
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We stayed at Muri Retreat for 6 nights in July/August 2017. There are four units in the complex but they are all very private and we felt like it was a great place to escape. We enjoyed learning how to crack coconuts, relaxing around the pool in the evenings with a BBQ, the luscious fruit filled gardens surrounding the complex and the short walk to the beach and night market. The walk is up a hill to the complex, personally we enjoyed the walks, but it may not be suitable for everyone and would recommend hiring a bike/car for the duration of your visit. We hired a moped bike and enjoyed having the freedom to explore. With great friendly hosts I would highly recommend staying at the Muri Retreat :-)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellen H
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Highly recommend Muri Retreat. Just a short walk down the road to the beach, restaurants, and activities. Comfortable, cool and clean room. Absolutely wonderful hosts who really cared about us enjoying ourselves. We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JustinM4277
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

I am so happy that I've chose this place for my holiday stay in Raro. Beautiful setting, breathtaking flowers, gardens and sounds.
Steve and Phoebe (and Jojo) are amazing hosts and can't thank them enough for their hospitality :)
5 min walk down the hill to the beach. 10 min walk to Muri Night Markets. I loved it.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Delicjaaa
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

This was our 7th holiday in Rarotonga and our 3rd stay at Muri Retreat - love love love this place and indeed it is a retreat in every sense of the word. Steve and Phoebe (and Jojo) are the kind of people that just make your holiday extra special... Spectacular garden setting and pool and pool house - this place is paradise - already planning our next trip. Just a wee thing - it is about a 5 minute walk to the road and beach across from that - and another 5 minutes to the Muri centre (night markets...) I loved the walk very much though my husband who has had a stroke could not do it BUT he could just relax so much in the loveliness of this place while I got our dinner. 10 swims a day in the pool - my favourite place on the island - perfect holiday

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 16 February 2017

This was our 4th stay and it gets better every time. The recent update and manicured gardens make this a truly relaxing place to stay. The hosts Steve and Phoebe attention to detail is to be commended. We guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Allan & Chris