US$252
US$265
US$257
  • Breakfast included
Dorothy's Muri Beach Bungalows(Muri)(Great Value!)
US$111
  • Beachfront
Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel(Titikaveka)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$127
US$94
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$106/night.

Aro'a Beachside Inn(Arorangi)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$164
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsprivate plunge poolfudgemain poolgarden bureturn down serviceon arrivalthe entire daysstand alone bathrooms are beautifulcoffee machinemuri beachwow wow wowroom rateoutdoor showerpremium beachfrontfruit platterfive nights
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

The resort and the staff working in the resort were fantastic. Our transfers from the airport were easy, all staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are well maintained and all come with a plunge pool, big bathroom, comfy beds and all you could possibly need. Breakfasts were great and we loved the bar menu. The restaurant menu was quite overpriced and the food wasn’t great but it was ok. We spent a lot of time on our deck overlooking the lagoon which was perfect. The open-air bathroom wasn’t the best as it allowed for no privacy but it was ok. There was no nightly turn down service though they would come to the room and deliver fudge and a newsletter.
The but is..
The resorts reservations and accounts department is an absolute debacle.
I booked approx 2 months before we arrived and we had to pay the entire amount upfront. I’ve never encountered this before for a resort But, whatever, that in itself was fine. I followed directions and paid into an Australian bank account that is in a persons name rather than business name. I requested a tax invoice I don’t know how many times and to this day after 10+ requests via phone, email and in person I have not received one. I confirmed that we had booked 10 nights in a beachfront room but when we arrived we were told there was a problem with their system and we would be put in a garden room. Ok fine, these things happen. But then there was no offer of a refund, I had to chase this repeatedly and only 3.5 weeks after leaving the resort was it paid. After our stay I was then told they had never received payment from us. I chased this up with my bank who confirmed payment had been made and when I emailed this confirmation to resort (for second time) there was no further mention of it.
Upon check out we were given a letter that advised how much we owed but no itemised account. They had also charged the $200 from spa despite this being included in the package we booked. It was fixed when I let them know but given there was no itemised account it was lucky I checked this out.
All in all it left a bad taste in my mouth and made me not want to return or recommend to others, despite the actual resort being beautiful.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank krissylou
Reviewed 14 January 2018

We were made to feel welcome with friendly, smiling faces and happy people from the time we arrived and met the driver of the pickup service at the airport. The staff at the resort were fantastic and the service was amazing. The resort was exceptionally clean and meticulously maintained. The accommodation was fantastic. We had two large bedrooms, each with a very large en-suite bathroom that included a bath tub, separate shower and two basins. The lounge and dining area was extremely spacious and very comfortable, opening onto a large outdoor area with a private plunge pool, deck chairs, an undercover alfresco dining setting and a BBQ. You could relax in the privacy of your own accommodation or sit by the main pool and enjoy pool side service from the bar and resort restaurant/dining area. The resort is located on the beach front and offers the option of using its facilities to enjoy water activities on the lagoon. Overall, it is a great relaxing holiday and the staff at resort will do everything they can to make sure you feel comfortable, contented and are happy. I recommend this resort to anyone wanting a holiday on Rarotonga.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurence M
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We visited the Nautilus Resort twice as day visitors.
A day pass of $10.00 per person is payable upon arrival. There is an expectation that you will spend $ on food and drink during your visit. (I cannot remember the exact amount you're expected to spend)
The bar meals were very nice, and the Pinacoladas, Hot Chocolates delicious. The staff are friendly and attentive (even the Resort Manager stopped by to chat and serve us drinks on our visits)
The pool is stunningly located with an ocean view, the bar and resturant are located beside the pool.
The poolside ladies restroom is worth a mention, the decor was very elegantly styled and beautifully presented.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We arrived by means of a pickup from the airport with a driver who was typically island happy and friendly. We were given our room right on the beach, next to the pool. In the fridge was fresh fruit, chocolates and champagne. The room was clean and spacious and so luxurious. We then went to the dining "hut", just fantastic. Food was superb, wine selection great, and cocktails, oh my god. Loved happy hour, probably too much. The whole resort was spotless, staff could not have been friendlier. Cannot recommend this place any more than "you must try this place at least once". We will certainly return.

Room Tip: Beach rooms are the best. View, own plunge pool, just great.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NoelDWard
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We really wanted to like this resort, having spent well above our usual budget for accommodation. Elements of the resort are wonderful - the rooms are spacious and I liked the private plunge pool. Breakfast is good, I appreciated being able to order a hot item off the menu.
Our stay didn't start off too well, however. Our bed hadn't been made up - just the top cover pulled over the mattress. When we pulled the curtains across, the main curtain didn't close the whole way, leaving a large gap about the size of my husband's handspan. We had to move the stool for the writing desk over in an attempt to be able to pull the curtains over each other to block out as much light as possible.
We were there for New Year's Eve, which meant paying $200 for a buffet. It was incredibly overpriced, including only 1 free drink and a limited selection of desserts. The island dancing didn't start until 10.30 but by that stage we were in bed - there was nothing else to do after dinner. After that we decided not to eat dinner at the resort, which is a shame as I would have preferred to have just ordered off their a la carte menu on NYE. The menu was also limited on the other public holidays, but no clear signage that indicated this.
The website advertises free wi-fi, and although I didn't come to Rarotonga to sit on the internet, if you're going to advertise something, make sure it works. The connection was horrendous - we thought it was just Raro wifi, but we bought a Blue Sky connection and had success at the hotspots around the island.
The TV was a similar issue - again, while I didn't come to the island to watch TV, when you've had enough of the sun, have already read for four hours or it was teeming with rain, it would have been nice to watch some TV. There was CNN which just seemed to play Trump drama on repeat, and 3 movie channels, but they often didn't work - in fact for 2 days, there were only 2 working channels. A lot of the time the movies had no sound and were clearly pirated. I would have expected more from a place that states it is a 5 star resort.
My final gripe was with the DJ that we were unlucky enough to hear on New Year's Day and Saturday. The resort seems lovely and calm, very private, so it was disappointing to be sitting in your are and hear the 'doof doof doof' of a DJ, which completely ruined the atmosphere. It plays for 4 hours on a Saturday and after 2 we actually left the resort to get some peace and quiet. A ukelele player or a pianist would have much better suited the environment.
On the positive, the resort staff were friendly, I liked being walked to our rooms as well as the complimentary bottle of bubbles...
Overall I enjoyed my trip to Rarotonga, but we were left wanting and wondering if we would have had the same, or a better experience for less elsewhere on the island.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple